Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released  (Read 60550 times)

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 07:48:29 am »

Awesome, thanks a bunch.

The only thing I'm still not sure about is the "Farm plots built underground (Inside/Dark/Subterranean) on natural soil will not allow planting" thing -- is that a bug, a feature, or what's going on with that?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 07:54:39 am »

I'm going to sleep now, so when the crashes come and merchants get killed by your pets and things catch on fire in real life or whatever, I won't be able to respond for a while.

Quote from: Bobbens
This mean resting dwarves will stay resting and surgery will work again? Need to test.

I didn't mess with surgery this time around -- it's more the gumming up of barracks so they couldn't be used again that I was worried about with the injury fixes.

Quote from: Brian
I'll be wondering all day if my squads will automatically clear up or if I'll have to manually clear out the already dead/insane.

Hmmm...  I'm thinking they'll probably still be in there?  I patched some things, but I can just remember equipment/ammo stuff off the top of my head.  It would be a one-time thing anyway, but I understand it's annoying.  The insane ones might leave the squads if they die, so you could do it that way, he he he.

Quote from: cephalo
There were alot of issues with turtle shells, which one was fixed?

The "fixed turtle (vermin) shell crafts/helms/gauntlets/etc." refers to being able to make those objects from the shell instead of having the guy just sit there not doing anything except gaining skill while the shell remained unchanged.

Quote from: Dogan
Toady One, can you add a note on the bug database 'report issue' asking people to make an effort to see if the bug they are reporting is already reported? You've had hundreds of duplicates.

I'm not sure how to do that.  A note might help, though there have always been issues with duplicates with bugs/suggestions/questions, regardless of the instructions.

Quote from: Dr. A
"Farm plots built underground (Inside/Dark/Subterranean) on natural soil will not allow planting"

I'm not sure yet.  I never get a chance to look at it, despite wanting to look at it.  The original idea was to require a soil wall beneath a mudless square for it to be farmable, and if it isn't that way, it's a bug.  Either way, it is somewhat confusing, because you wouldn't be able to farm in one layer of soil.  I'm not sure you should be able to, morally speaking, especially with the underground trees, but it's probably less confusing that way.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 07:56:47 am »

Is it save compatible? Thanks for the update yay!
Death before dishonour

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 08:11:39 am »

Offset hunting time lol
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

jfs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 08:20:16 am »

Trade caravans have arrived without wagons since 0.31.01, is this intentional? I mean, were wagons removed because of something upcoming related to multi-tile creatures, or are they supposed to work but don't due to some other bug, or don't arrive because of e.g. a missing entity tag, or something else?
Edit: By the way, I don't expect a full detailed answer, I'd just like a "they're supposed to work" or "they're intentionally removed/disabled".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:29:06 am by jfs »

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 08:24:19 am »

Trade caravans have arrived without wagons since 0.31.01, is this intentional? I mean, were wagons removed because of something upcoming related to multi-tile creatures, or are they supposed to work but don't due to some other bug, or don't arrive because of e.g. a missing entity tag, or something else?

This is really changing how people design the entrances to their forts.  No more 3 wide ramp tunnels.  Now just a 1x5 drawbridge, a single lane of steel weapon traps, and a stair well.  The traders go right down.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 08:29:49 am »

[Skill_Rates: : : : ] functionality was changed huh?

Still getting (rusty) after a half a season when setting the assumed rust counters to :none:none:none  :-\

^edit: none instead of 0, of course, as used in Attribute_Rates.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:18:40 am by Lord Snow »

Aristoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 08:34:24 am »

Quote from: Dr. A
"Farm plots built underground (Inside/Dark/Subterranean) on natural soil will not allow planting"

I'm not sure yet.  I never get a chance to look at it, despite wanting to look at it.  The original idea was to require a soil wall beneath a mudless square for it to be farmable, and if it isn't that way, it's a bug.  Either way, it is somewhat confusing, because you wouldn't be able to farm in one layer of soil.  I'm not sure you should be able to, morally speaking, especially with the underground trees, but it's probably less confusing that way.

I'd really love to see the ability to farm underground again on soil without having to irrigate (like it used to be).  I don't even bother with underground farming anymore due to this.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 08:41:25 am »

I have a marksdwarf with the job "Soldier (cannot follow order)" visible, when he's in active/training mode with an assigned archery target and bone bolts equipped. Strange. Gonna check bug tracker.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 08:48:44 am »

Would there be any way to get graphics for this yet? Or would we have to wait until someone makes them?

Anyway...

<3Toady<3

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 08:52:35 am »

Still getting (rusty) after a half a season when setting the assumed rust counters to :0:0:0  :-\

Yea, my fort is in its first winter and everyone already has rusty skills.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:34 am »

Fantastic news, nice one Tarn!
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 09:01:37 am »

Looking forward to testing all the changes out!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 09:13:10 am »

(*)made civilian jobs respect attributes properly

Yes yes yes yes yes yes!

Finally :D

Aristoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 09:15:54 am »

Still getting (rusty) after a half a season when setting the assumed rust counters to :0:0:0  :-\

Toady, is it possible to get a flag to disable skill rust entirely without editing the (possibly broken) skill_rates?  Speaking only for myself I hate it and will never use it.  I'm sure others agree/disagree.  Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13