Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released  (Read 60783 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2010, 04:32:37 pm »

It could be an existing bug exerting itself since theres still a bunch of military and squad bugs around.

Konrad von Richtmark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2010, 04:58:12 pm »

Are crossbows still ludicrously capable of penetrating good-quality steel armour?

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2010, 05:03:47 pm »

31.11, fresh world gen, fresh fort.

My first summer has arrived ( temperate climate)..... TURTLES ARE SPAWNING!!
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2010, 05:09:52 pm »

Are crossbows still ludicrously capable of penetrating good-quality steel armour?

Yes. It can be somewhat fixed by changing the crossbow's MAX_VEL (or something) 1000 to 30.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2010, 05:15:35 pm »

I, too, can report many many turtles and shells.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2010, 05:16:21 pm »

I'm getting a lot of soldiers unable to do their jobs for some reason. Their job becomes this and they don't, for example, follow their kill order, or in this case, this marksdwarf doesn't go to shoot at the archery range.

Edit: I reported this on the tracker just now

I got this when I had less archery targets than markdwarves wanting to practice, and there was no unoccupied targets left. Your dwarf is a marksdwarf so it seems likely to be the case.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2010, 05:22:55 pm »

I'm getting a lot of soldiers unable to do their jobs for some reason. Their job becomes this and they don't, for example, follow their kill order, or in this case, this marksdwarf doesn't go to shoot at the archery range.

I got this when I had less archery targets than markdwarves wanting to practice, and there was no unoccupied targets left. Your dwarf is a marksdwarf so it seems likely to be the case.

I got one marksdwarf and one target ;)
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Seraph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2010, 05:47:23 pm »

Do you have bolts suitable for training?

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2010, 05:54:44 pm »

Do you have bolts suitable for training?

Yeah, they train when set to inactive. Only seems to happen if they're set to training/active, so it's easy to avoid on marksdwarves. Although they still sometimes shoot bolts only set for combat, at archery targets (he just wasted 25 iron bolts on it).

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2010, 06:01:52 pm »

Man...Toady just keeps cranking out these amazing updates.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm donating YET again.
This man here is amazing.
Dwarf Fortress trumps any and all modern games on today's market.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2010, 06:02:18 pm »

Although they still sometimes shoot bolts only set for combat, at archery targets (he just wasted 25 iron bolts on it).

Yeah my dwarves do it too.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2010, 06:49:41 pm »

I got one marksdwarf and one target ;)

Try setting a barrack including an armor stand, weapon rack and an Archery Target. I've found it that my Dwarves won't begin sparring/shooting at the targets, until they're proficient fighters/dodges/various other skills. It seems logical enough -- Learning the basics of combat before specializing in a style of combat.

Hope it helps... :].

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2010, 06:52:42 pm »

I'm getting a crash when I try to switch between full screen and windowed mode--which I do regularly, because if the game saves or does any long calculation while in full screen mode, it makes my entire system refuse to let me do anything else.  If it's windowed I can alt+tab to other programs fine.

But anyway, when I press F11 to switch from fullscreen to windowed the game dies.  It appears to work fine, however, if I start the game in windowed mode instead of starting it in fullscreen, which means at least the game is playable.

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2010, 07:12:10 pm »

I'm getting a crash when I try to switch between full screen and windowed mode--which I do regularly, because if the game saves or does any long calculation while in full screen mode, it makes my entire system refuse to let me do anything else.  If it's windowed I can alt+tab to other programs fine.

But anyway, when I press F11 to switch from fullscreen to windowed the game dies.  It appears to work fine, however, if I start the game in windowed mode instead of starting it in fullscreen, which means at least the game is playable.

It's dying on me when I try to switch between windowed and fullscreen as well. It prints this:

Code: [Select]
New window size: 907735836x-1959006823
INIT FAILED!
Font size: 16x16
Resizing grid to 256x25
Segmentation fault

The stack trace from the core dump is as follows:
Code: [Select]
#0  0xf72c4bbc in renderer_2d_base::reshape(std::pair<int, int>) () from ./libs/libgraphics.so
#1  0xf72c5c1d in renderer_2d_base::resize(int, int) () from ./libs/libgraphics.so
#2  0xf72bf151 in renderer_2d_base::set_fullscreen() () from ./libs/libgraphics.so
#3  0xf72bcae3 in enablerst::eventLoop_SDL() () from ./libs/libgraphics.so
#4  0xf72bd505 in enablerst::loop(std::string) () from ./libs/libgraphics.so
#5  0xf72bdd52 in main () from ./libs/libgraphics.so
#6  0xf702cbb6 in __libc_start_main () from /lib32/libc.so.6
#7  0x0804cf31 in ?? ()
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2010, 07:32:10 pm »

Try changing your print mode from 2d to something else? See init.d
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13