Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released  (Read 60558 times)

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2010, 08:09:55 pm »

It works fine if I start the game in windowed mode.  HAven't tried messing with the print mode; and seeing as I seem to be able to just work around the issue, it's mostly annoying, not serious.

I added it to the bug tracker, too.

(Messing around with graphics modes, standard seemed to eliminate this bug, but then windowed screen resolution wouldn't respect init file settings... so back to 2D until I find a better solution/bugs are fixed)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 08:34:32 pm by Emily »

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 08:13:39 pm »

Oh Oh Oh!  An image of someone's deity on their artifact!  YAY!   :D :D :D
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2010, 08:18:58 pm »

I'm getting a lot of random crashes too, with a transferred save. Trying to isolate one, but I can't find a pattern.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2010, 09:51:46 pm »

Greath can't wait to try it after work tommorow :)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2010, 09:53:36 pm »

I'm getting a lot of random crashes too, with a transferred save. Trying to isolate one, but I can't find a pattern.

Have you tried with a fresh save?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

SocietalEclipse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2010, 10:21:35 pm »

Yes copper and silver arrows from generic (not master) goblin bowman can still damage dwarves in full masterwork steel equipment.  Fortunately none of the wounds were beyond yellow and she recovered quickly.  That is my Militia Commander and she seems to pick all the best stuff for herself? :o

Soon after migrating by save (generated in 31.10) to 31.11 I finally got upgraded to a barony.

To be fair I was just a bit under 7m in wealth when the Diplomat asked me to recommend a Baron.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:24:54 pm by SocietalEclipse »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2010, 11:07:23 pm »

Quote from: jfs
Trade caravans have arrived without wagons since 0.31.01, is this intentional? I mean, were wagons removed because of something upcoming related to multi-tile creatures, or are they supposed to work but don't due to some other bug, or don't arrive because of e.g. a missing entity tag, or something else?
Edit: By the way, I don't expect a full detailed answer, I'd just like a "they're supposed to work" or "they're intentionally removed/disabled".

They're supposed to work.

Quote from: Lord Snow
[Skill_Rates: : : : ] functionality was changed huh?

Still getting (rusty) after a half a season when setting the assumed rust counters to :none:none:none
Quote from: Orkel
Yea, my fort is in its first winter and everyone already has rusty skills.
Quote from: Aristoi
Toady, is it possible to get a flag to disable skill rust entirely without editing the (possibly broken) skill_rates?  Speaking only for myself I hate it and will never use it.  I'm sure others agree/disagree.  Thanks!

I don't think I changed the skill rate loading this time.  If it's broken, it has probably been broken for a while.  The "rusty" display is new.

If somebody has a novice or competent skill, and they get 1 level of rust, that is at least 50% rust so they get "rusty" displayed.  I don't quite remember, but that'll happen after half a year or something.  It would still only take just one learning event (like a finished job) to get rid of all the rust at that level.  So this isn't really a serious effect, but it looks bad I guess.  It would take much more time to get a "rusty" on a higher skill, and even in that case it's not a permanent loss and would only take a few jobs to work off.  Permanent loss takes years even for one level.

That said, I wouldn't mind putting in an init option.

Quote from: Totaku
I have yet to test out everything, but judging from what I'm hearing about the training crashes sounds like Toady's got another session of quick fixing to do. So I guess I wait and see about a .12 which I guess could be in.... a few hours...or tomorrow maybe?

I don't have any of these crashing saves yet unless there are some on the tracker now, so I can't fix the problem.  I did some training on old saves and a lot of training on new games during the course of the release, and it hasn't come up for me, so I'm going to need a save that is broken before I have a chance to fix it, unless I get really lucky.

Quote from: Emily
I'm getting a crash when I try to switch between full screen and windowed mode--which I do regularly, because if the game saves or does any long calculation while in full screen mode, it makes my entire system refuse to let me do anything else.  If it's windowed I can alt+tab to other programs fine.

There was a change there about updating the resolution for 0.31.11.  Is this crash new for this version?  It would probably be that change then, although I'm not sure.

Quote from: slink
Oh Oh Oh!  An image of someone's deity on their artifact!  YAY!

He he he, I snuck it in.  Statues/figurines should have it quite a bit, depending on how devout the artist is (which I don't think you can see in dwarf mode?  don't remember).  I didn't finish the sphere links to actions since I figured I'd probably want some actual mythology first (since not all death gods would be the same or whatever, and you'd want statues of Saturn eating his kids and stuff instead of just looking mean), but I put some in for each sphere so that it wouldn't be completely bare.  There will be a lot of boring contemplation and prostrating and praying though, until there's more meat to work with.

Quote from: SocietalEclipse
Soon after migrating by save (generated in 31.10) to 31.11 I finally got upgraded to a barony.

Hmmm...  I don't remember actually getting to that bug yet, so it looks like you just earned it over the strength of the bug.  I notice your exports look like they just hit 100,000.  Perhaps those numbers are flipped?  It was supposed to be 100,000 wealth and 10,000 exports, but maybe I have exports checking the wealth number through a load error or a conditional typo...  I'll have to check when I'm back on my computer (at Zach's now).  I wonder if people drop the land holder requirement in the entity raws to 10000:10000 if the Baron comes sooner.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2010, 11:18:14 pm »

What about the issue with liasons not getting replaced after an 'accident' or some other death? Some people are saying that it is happening, but its not 100% reliable. I know you had said that they are suppoused to be replaced, but I guess it got broken at the same time as the other noble stuff early on.

Just wondering and all.

Oh yea, I'm noticing that some demons now say female pg demon or male lizard brute, nice one sneaking that in. :) Not sure if its intentional, but it's kind of neat. It only seems to happen when there are two or more of any type, but heck.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:33:01 pm by smjjames »

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2010, 11:38:38 pm »

Quote from: jfs
Trade caravans have arrived without wagons since 0.31.01, is this intentional? I mean, were wagons removed because of something upcoming related to multi-tile creatures, or are they supposed to work but don't due to some other bug, or don't arrive because of e.g. a missing entity tag, or something else?
Edit: By the way, I don't expect a full detailed answer, I'd just like a "they're supposed to work" or "they're intentionally removed/disabled".

They're supposed to work.

I had no idea, just assumed wagons had been cut out until the siege/tree improvements with multi-tile things...   :o

Ralp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://ralp.net/
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2010, 11:44:04 pm »

I had a crash (Segmentation fault) happen while the game was paused and I was designating some gemstone tiles to be dug out via mouse.  I had clicked a few single tiles and then got the crash while dragging the mouse from one tile to an adjacent one.  I just a moment ago realized the potential significance of this: I think it means the crash may have been caused by one of those weird things that can happen while the game is paused and the player click+drags the mouse around making designations.  E.g., cat adopting an owner, or liaison meeting advancement, or (I've heard?) social skill exercise from idle/partying dwarves?  I didn't have a liaison visiting, but I do have stray cats around.  This game was genned in 0.31.10.

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2010, 12:11:54 am »

Small issue, but the home and end key functions are not... well, functioning. I think the binds have been deleted from the interface file. I'll change that.

*5 seconds in the interface file* okay, maybe not.

Nothing debilitating so far, aside from one crash in world gen during civ. creations.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:45:23 am by Lost Requiem »
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

cephalo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2010, 12:15:03 am »

What about the issue with liasons not getting replaced after an 'accident' or some other death? Some people are saying that it is happening, but its not 100% reliable. I know you had said that they are suppoused to be replaced, but I guess it got broken at the same time as the other noble stuff early on.

I posted a save on that bug, so hopefully it will be fixable. Also, I tried giving various expensive gifts to the caravan just in case it's not actually a bug, but no luck. If it's just a misunderstanding of the rules it would be great if we had a hint... a hint I said...  :P
PerfectWorldDF World creator utility for Dwarf Fortress.

My latest forts:
Praisegems - Snarlingtool - Walledwar

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2010, 12:23:32 am »

Haven't play yet, but thanks for the update Toady! Every update makes this game better and better.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2010, 03:26:08 am »

Toady I've uploaded the save (crashes withing 5 minutes)
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2796

Hope this helps.

Lord Herman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2010, 03:50:32 am »

Thanks for the update!  :)

I just genned a new world, and in the embark screen, I saw a volcano appear on the world map (the one to the right which shows the whole world at once). Is this a new feature in .11? Will it show every volcano on the overview map? If so, great! That'll make them much easier to find.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13