Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released  (Read 60559 times)

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.11 Released
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2010, 11:04:09 pm »

Okay thanks, just never encountered it before.  I've never really studied the civs at all. But still, silly dwarves, all you do is make a low boot, but make it go higher!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2010, 12:49:22 am »

Some civs are just lazier, so they stop earlier.

Iggbyoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2010, 01:08:11 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2804#c10938

Yay! So in .12 this won't happen:

Ulrist McStabbyStabby:  "Okay lads, gather 'round!  It's time ye' all learn to use a sword!"

Ulrist McHowCanISword: "Aye Sir!"

Ulrist McWhatAmSword: "Aye Sir!"

Ulrist McHowISpellSord: "Duurrr"

Ulrist McStabbyStabby: ".... Baagh! Okay lads, first ye' hold this end... No lad, turn it 'round... Good. Now lift it up and then..."

<PAUSE then DARKNESS>

Awww...... :'(
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:19:18 am by Iggbyoo »

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2010, 03:33:37 am »

Anyone else seeing jobs to bring water to uninjured, sleeping, thirsty dwarves?   :o
I only noticed it because of a job cancel, no bucket available.

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2010, 03:59:45 am »

Quote from: Emily
I'm getting a crash when I try to switch between full screen and windowed mode--which I do regularly, because if the game saves or does any long calculation while in full screen mode, it makes my entire system refuse to let me do anything else.  If it's windowed I can alt+tab to other programs fine.

There was a change there about updating the resolution for 0.31.11.  Is this crash new for this version?  It would probably be that change then, although I'm not sure.

The crash is new.  It does not crash in .10.  As in .10 it would keep the resolution it used for full screen mode when I switched back to windowed mode, and that bug is amongst the ones fixed on this version, I'd assume that's where the crash got in.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2010, 04:02:10 am »

Anyone else seeing jobs to bring water to uninjured, sleeping, thirsty dwarves?   :o
yes, it's been in for a bit, possibly since .31 alltogether.

Maybe there's no distinction between "unconscious" sleepers and resting dwarves. I think this may only be a problem if the behaviour is giving the "assaulted" dwarf a bad thought for drinking water or he misses out on having a truly decadent drink for it. I havn't spotted a force-watering other than the cancels, so i can't comment on this.

On the other hand, there's more weirdness hidden in the food system. My dwarves, i.e., often eat seeds or other crap (couldn't you previously 'k' the table and see what they're munching?) instead of the load of fine, valuable prepared meals.
Maybe related to the bedroom problem, making hungry dwarves go for the first thing they can reach instead of a decent meal?

Rkui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2010, 04:11:05 am »

I had few crash aslo, but i didn't manage to get a good save to upload. Seam to be ok now that a year have passed since the last version.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2010, 04:21:23 am »

On the other hand, there's more weirdness hidden in the food system. My dwarves, i.e., often eat seeds or other crap (couldn't you previously 'k' the table and see what they're munching?) instead of the load of fine, valuable prepared meals.
Maybe related to the bedroom problem, making hungry dwarves go for the first thing they can reach instead of a decent meal?
't' to view it.

I haven't noticed them eating seeds (that would be a major bug), but they certainly don't discriminate between chowing down on plain organmeats and superb cooked meals.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2010, 05:22:47 am »

so *cough* will we see 31.12 as a hotfix or will it take a little longer? ^^

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2010, 06:36:00 am »

Nothing really feels like hot fixes since it takes hours to get through the compiles, but I'm working on it.  If everything goes smoothly, it should be up in ~three hours.  I think I've found the problem with not getting barons as well, so that'll be in there (aside from the problem of not getting liaisons, which is also handled), and Baughn's fix for the window/fullscreen crash is in as well.  And that make-a-dwarf crash in the arena, as far as I can tell testing it after a change.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2010, 06:53:00 am »

hehe, thank you Toady :)

smariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2010, 07:51:08 am »

Nothing really feels like hot fixes since it takes hours to get through the compiles, but I'm working on it.  If everything goes smoothly, it should be up in ~three hours.  I think I've found the problem with not getting barons as well, so that'll be in there (aside from the problem of not getting liaisons, which is also handled), and Baughn's fix for the window/fullscreen crash is in as well.  And that make-a-dwarf crash in the arena, as far as I can tell testing it after a change.

Hours? Really? That's sad. On the off chance you didn't know, if you happen to have a multi-core system, you can speed things up on Mac and Linux by passing -j# to make, it will compile multiple things in parallel. If you're using gcc/g++, ccache can also save lots of time.
Likes schrödinbugs for their reality destroying implications.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2010, 09:07:22 am »

Have you seen a dwarf actually holding a seed and eating it?
If it is just on the table where the dwarf is eating, it is probably left from earlier eaten plants.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2010, 09:42:20 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2448

I've seen it with non-sleeping dwarves, in fact.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2010, 09:58:19 pm »

If training is too slow with no Teaching skill, but can't be significantly increased without unbalancing it for high Teaching skill, then wouldn't it be a good idea to greatly increase the rate at which Teaching trains when instructing? That way training would start off very slow, but quickly reach a decent pace when teachers start skilling, without reaching the crazy pace that high skilled teacher + buffed learning rate would produce. Also, later expansions of your military wouldn't have to go through the initial slow period as you're guaranteed at least reasonably skilled instructors.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]