Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

suing my doctor for malpractice

(1/4) > >>

ledgekindred:
I've had a dwarf lying in the hospital for like four years now after being attacked by a goblin.  Her lower leg is slashed open, and has been for all four years.  I've got thread, cloth, soap and all the other stuff.  My doctor even got a dwarf out of the hospital who lost his right hand fer crying out loud.  HE arrived and left during the time she's been lying there.  She's got a cut leg.  Even more, she's described as "incredibly tough and very fast to heal."  I have at least four dwarves with high-ranked medical skills such as "Expert Diagnostician" and "Professional Suturer" yet she's been lying in the hospital for four years, waiting for a doctor to come stitch up her leg.  You'd think after four years it'd manage to heal itself, even if badly.  I'm really going out on a limb here, but I think there might be a few issues with the medical system still to work out.

Medicine Man:
This calls for death by slow impalement!

darkrider2:
yeah... I heard the best way to deal with this is to give the patient yet another injury so that they will be reexamined by the medical staff.

Or... you know... magma

NightmareBros:
1. call meeting for the doctors.
2. lock door.
3. pull lever.
4. ?????
5. urist mcdoctor cancels meeting: burning to death

ledgekindred:
The worst part is that she needs alcohol to make it through the day but she can't remember the last time she tasted it.  That's pure cruelty.

1. Define shiny new "Hospital" burrow.
2. Assign doctors.
3. Watch doctors move to shiny new Hospital burrow.
4. Pull lever.
5. Appoint new doctors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version