Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Training civilians to military skills

(1/1)

LordDemon:
With the current schedule system, I was wondering would it be possible to get your civilians trained with some basic military skills?

Let's say you have a fortress of about 100 dwarfs. Would it be possible to set a certain amount (5 for example) of the civilian dwarfs to train military skills? This could be set per month, like with military, but without needing to draft anyone. You could have the civilians train the wrestling and dodging, or with the use of crossbow, axe or what ever it is pick falls under (spear?) if they are equipped with said weapons for job. That way they would have basic self defense skills, and be trained to use the weapons they carry already. Ideally the system would randomly pick 5 civilians each month for the militia training (maybe preference to those who are without job at the time). Or maybe pick the ones with lowest skills, so to get whole fortress skilled a bit.

I'd love to see sort of real military (drafted soldiers), and a separate civilian militia, that has some basic training in self defense and in weapons they have.

Considering the dwarfs nature, and dangers of fantasy world, I don't see it as improper.

You can do this now, but you need to manually set everything.  I'd like to have a automatical "train x dwarfs per month based on y" style option.  Do you think this sort of thing could be done?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version