Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I need fresh meat...  (Read 1157 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
I need fresh meat...
« on: July 24, 2010, 03:50:21 am »

So! I just spent the first 10 years of my fort building semi-megaproject execution chambers, only to find out that in the world I generated, goblins are extinct. Any ideas on where I can get a good source of sentient prisoners? Throwing horses down a spike pit gets old fast.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: I need fresh meat...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 03:53:48 am »

Kill a few human caravans.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 03:55:17 am »

Tick off the elves, I suppose. Either stockpile a lot of wood or just keep killing their caravans until they start attacking.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 03:59:56 am »

Will the humans eventually start attacking too if I kill enough? I suppose so... actually, it might be easier to just drop them into my cage traps. Dwarves will get caught in your own traps if they're injured, unconscious, etc. Will the same happen with friendly caravans? 'Cuz I've got a retractable bridge lined below with cage traps.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 04:09:22 am »

Dwarfy idea. I think that would work. Report back with some SCIENCE.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

The Yellow Peril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 02:51:51 pm »

Will the humans eventually start attacking too if I kill enough? I suppose so... actually, it might be easier to just drop them into my cage traps. Dwarves will get caught in your own traps if they're injured, unconscious, etc. Will the same happen with friendly caravans? 'Cuz I've got a retractable bridge lined below with cage traps.

Yes, it will work for every creature, but actually knocking them out under a cage trap is (in my experience) really hard. I spent like 20 attempts before I managed to cause a cavein onto a Glacier Titan's head, knocking it out, pushing it into a tile which had a cage trap which wasn't destroyed in the cave-in, without killing it.