Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Exotic Metals  (Read 3863 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
Re: Exotic Metals
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 01:11:27 pm »

Even when both sides wore iron armor, osmium destroyed adamantine.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 03:25:11 pm »

Even when both sides wore iron armor, osmium destroyed adamantine.

That only proves that both of them can beat iron.  Try osmium armor versus adamantine weapons and vice versa.

goldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2012, 04:40:56 am »

!!SCIENCE!! Has been done, and so I tried 40 vs 40 fully adamantine armored dwarves. The first team had osmium battle axes , and the second adamantine battle axes. Surprisingly there was a stallmate, after the initial deaths, they cotinued for a lot of time to battle with no one winning since all the blows were deflected since they all became legendary warriors.
Then I modified the MAX_EDGE of osmium, lowering the value from 35000 to 10000, and tried the same setup. This time the dwarves with adamantine weapons won with no casualties! My personal speculation is that effectiveness of cutting weapons is directly proportional by edge, weight and hardness values. The reason should be penetrative power, since a harder weapon is less prone to bend on impact, and a heavier weapon tend to go deeper into the wound.
Pages: 1 [2]