Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a cool old mod. Help?  (Read 1724 times)

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a cool old mod. Help?
« on: March 22, 2012, 09:11:56 pm »

It was a small mod that added in a "Display Case" building that took in a Stone Block, Glass, and some item and made a small building. It was a way to make useless artifacts like mugs and thongs contribute to happiness. Anybody know what happened to it? It wasn't a downloadable file or anything; just some lines of code.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a cool old mod. Help?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:17:04 pm »

It was a small mod that added in a "Display Case" building that took in a Stone Block, Glass, and some item and made a small building. It was a way to make useless artifacts like mugs and thongs contribute to happiness. Anybody know what happened to it? It wasn't a downloadable file or anything; just some lines of code.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:19:48 pm »

Thanks!

Where do I stick it in the RAWs?
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:24:07 pm »

You have two options: make a text file starting with [OBJECT:BUILDING] and adding the raws above beneath that. Or opening another building file and sticking it in the end. You also have to add it to the permitted building in the dwarf entity file.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:33:44 pm »

Ok, stuck it in another building file, but I don't see the "permitted buildings" in the entity files. How would I stick this in?

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 09:35:32 pm »

This would go under the dwarf entity in the entity file;

[PERMITTED_BUILDING:DISPLAY_CASE]
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 09:37:19 pm »

Just stick it anywhere in there.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?