Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: M.O.U.S.E Fortress - Old Thread, see New Thread  (Read 62063 times)

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: M.O.U.S.E Fortress v1.0 - Ultimate Power at your Fingertips!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2010, 08:47:28 pm »

wait, but isnt scroll up and down zoom in and out ?..

Hmm... I'm very tempted to try this out, you have no idea, but I need to go to work tommorrow morning early, and I feel I might refuse to stop playing DF with this.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 09:00:55 pm »

wait, but isnt scroll up and down zoom in and out ?..

Hmm... I'm very tempted to try this out, you have no idea, but I need to go to work tommorrow morning early, and I feel I might refuse to stop playing DF with this.

That was my very question as well....granted that is not as widely used as up/down but there is no other way to do it then with the mouse is there?

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 09:28:15 pm »

The problem with zoom is though, it searches for the cursor at the normal resolution. If it isn't in the normal resolution the script won't be able to find it. It isn't too big of a deal though, just pause the script if you want to zoom.
Urist McHauler Cancels Give Food: Patient Insane
------------------------------------------------------------------
Mouse Fortress | Custom Menu and Hotkey Framework
Dwarven Higher Learning Mod | Alternative Skill Training

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 12:07:59 pm »

Next thing I'll add will probably be support for the various in-game menus, perhaps some help tooltips as well. Any suggestions?

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: M.O.U.S.E Fortress v1.0 - Click your way to Fun!
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 03:52:12 pm »

I just downloaded it and it works very well, although I seem to be noticing a minor issue when clicking in chat windows and such, but the program is just brilliant.

171111339777711777 <-from holding down left mouse button and moving around in chat box.

There is no support yet of the out of game menu I'm noticing, or the embark location chooser, but this is fine for now although these features would really make it feel much more complete.

now I have just entered the game and my mouse wheel seems to do nothing

edit: found a typo, "Buther's Workshop"
edit2: Mining channel designations seem to cause REALLY wonky effects, there doesnt happen to be a bail out/pause script key is there?
Code: [Select]
Right Click - Open the M.O.U.S.E. Menu
Mouse Wheel Up/Down - Go Up/Down in Z-Levels
Double Click with Middle Button - Enter
Left Click and Drag - Moves the Camera (When at the main screen)/ Designates a Box (When a Designation Tool is active)
Move Mouse - Certain command (Like Look Around, and Building) cause the DF cursor to follow your cursor  <---How do I get this to work?
Control + P - Pause/Unpause Script
Control + X - Terminate Script
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:26:18 pm by NRN_R_Sumo1 »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 04:00:09 pm »

As for the out-of-game key sending, I just need to add more thorough window checks to make sure the functions don't fire when you aren't clicking in the game window.

The mouse wheel issue however, is one that I've been trying to figure out for a while, for now, pressing 5 seems to fix it.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 04:06:31 pm »

the wheel seems to have worked after quitting  auto hotkey and opening it again, but that was some scary stuff, kinda reminded me of SAL for a second when I had that momentary loss of control, it was however stopped when I CTRL+Del'd to bring up task manager but right clicking on other menus reactivated it.

I'm sure it won't be an issue however once your window checks are more thorough though, but for right now its a blast controlling DF this way.

Question though, if I wanted to switch ESC in the game to Space, would that affect the script? I'm guessing it would due to its nature, but how would I go about changing it in the script to space?

edit: Wow, using the scroll for up and down levels makes it worth any chance of override I get from testing this program out..
usually DF would take its sweet time to go up and down all 200 layers, but I just did so with fairly precise control in less than 10 seconds.

edit2: Having issues using shift+arrow keys for mass selecting trees on my very flat map to be harvested, it seems to make my df go up terrain levels. Is this due to a limitation of using < and > in scripts? if so, you should be able to still use another symbol which won't get in the way of basic DF movement and selection commands, that way there will be better synergy between the mouse and keyboard.

edit3: OOH. Cool feature, not sure if intended though. You can still use the right click menu when the script is off, which means if you are having trouble with having hi-jacking issues from the mouse you can still use the building options which are a lot smoother than df's build menu. Also the scroll through layers works through it as well.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:57:56 pm by NRN_R_Sumo1 »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 05:08:40 pm »

If you want to switch it from ESC to Space, all you have to do is replace all instances of Esc or Escape in the script to Space. I'll probably switch that to a variable so the user can configure it to their liking.

As for the shift issues, that's linked to the mousewheel lockup issue. I think instead of trying to figure out what makes shift commands behave wonkily in DF, I'll have it send non-modified keys, and have users make a slight alteration to the alternate up-down commands. That should fix both issues quite handily.

The right click still being available when the script is paused is interesting. Probably has something to do with how right click in the DF window is a hotkey.

So, finally, thanks for all your awesome input, It really helps identify and fix problem areas.  :D

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2010, 05:17:23 pm »

So, finally, thanks for all your awesome input, It really helps identify and fix problem areas.  :D
I have a knack for breaking things, and really want to see this achieve Stonesense level success, if not surpassing and reaching Dwarf Therapist level of success!

Only issue which I'm thinking this might not be able to achieve, is clicking through menu's and tasks, but I'm most likely wrong on that. :)

edit: also, a minor request, as I find myself using the "Back" button a lot, perhaps it should be reorganized to the top section of the right click menu instead of the bottom.
Although I think it could Also be worked into the scripts of the building commands somehow, I can see odd results coming from doing it.

edit2: Hmm.. Have you considered getting this to work for Adventurer mode as well? The learning curve of DF Fortress is high, and I've climbed it, but I can never remember all 3084508937 hotkeys of Adventurer mode and it would definatly have a lot more adventurer players I think if the mouse was working for it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:22:04 pm by NRN_R_Sumo1 »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 05:55:39 pm »

That would be amazing if it becomes that popular. But it still requires a lot of work.

What do you mean by clicking through? Do you mean going through, say, a workshops available tasks? If so, then yes, I just need to figure out a way to reliably transition through the appropriate hotkeys. It could have been in this release, but it would have been mousewheel + a bunch of different modifier combinations. Not quite as intuitive as I'd like.

I'll be doing some menu reorganizing, so I'll put it up at the top with the others. I'll also have it so it will automagically be called when necessary.

Although I dread the mountain of menu and label writing, adventure mode support is definitely on the to-do list.

Edit: Just noticed a couple questions of yours I hadn't answered yet. About the channel designation, what exactly is happening? As for cursor following, are you using a modded tileset? If so, which one? Are you at the default zoom level? (<- Important) Are all the image files in the same directory as the script? (<- Mucho Importante) (Also fixed the typo)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:06:23 pm by Shukaro »

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 06:32:18 pm »

Edit: Just noticed a couple questions of yours I hadn't answered yet. About the channel designation, what exactly is happening? As for cursor following, are you using a modded tileset? If so, which one? Are you at the default zoom level? (<- Important) Are all the image files in the same directory as the script? (<- Mucho Importante) (Also fixed the typo)

Was trying to designate a square using the click drag, but since DF already has its own mouse features built into it for designating single squares using the mouse, they were fighting eachother and the script went out of whack.

I'm at default zoom level using http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57557.0 which is a fairly common tileset.

I'm guessing that the need for those .gif files is to correspond with the tileset? some sort of search based on imagery?

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 06:45:09 pm »

Does it change the cursor from what it is normally? What that function does, is search the screen for the X of the cursor, in all the different colors it can be. Custom tilesets should be supported, as long as the cursor is the same. If it's different, I'll have to crop more image files.

Edit: Ah, it does indeed change it. Will add support for phoebus, ironhand, mayday, and any others people request.

Was it designating a trail of squares as you dragged the mouse? If so, that's a quirk of the script, for the next release I'll have it send a left up stroke before unlocking the mouse to prevent that.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:31:23 pm by Shukaro »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: M.O.U.S.E Fortress v1.0.2 - Click your way to Fun!
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 10:20:33 am »

Due to file format picture quality issues  :'( I'll need to recapture the various images, then it should work flawlessly.

All done now, it should work with custom tilesets.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 10:46:46 am by Shukaro »

Shukaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: M.O.U.S.E Fortress v1.0.3 - Click your way to Fun!
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 10:53:23 pm »

Now you don't need to press back between every command! Next on the list, the view command issue. After that, game menu support (Both in and out of game.) After that, some bug finding and fixing, as well as suggestion implementing (Which includes adventure mode support!) We're definitely trucking now.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: M.O.U.S.E Fortress v1.0.4 - Click your way to Fun!
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 09:46:20 am »

How exactly do I get the customs to work? just switch the files into where the vanilla ones are right? Because if so, the pheobus set still doesnt seem to be working.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11