Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: You are a Mobile Flesh Eating Telepathic Bush Redux  (Read 7334 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
You are a Mobile Flesh Eating Telepathic Bush Redux
« on: July 24, 2010, 01:11:02 pm »

This was a pretty popular silly text adventure, but I dropped it because I was busy with other things. Now I'm not busy. Bring it.

You always wanted to be an adventurer. You've dreamed of slaying monsters, claiming fair maidens (you're a male deer fern), and traveling to see the world. But God created a lot more bushes than He did adventurers. So in retrospect is was a pretty likely lot in life, although you think maybe being an insect would have been more interesting. But you think you're a bush that can think. HA! The only bush that can prove its own existence! Perhaps, in time, you will grow- into an entire swamp or forest even! Yes, you think you'd like to do that. Maybe you just need some XP... how did adventurers get it again? Oh look, here comes an adventurer now! What do you do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:43:49 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Bush Redux
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 01:25:17 pm »

Trip him up!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 01:29:25 pm »

Hope he isn't an elf. He might chop you up for the local gem-based currency, which is known to live in bushes.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 02:10:49 pm »

> creatively cures the entropic principle!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 02:14:07 pm »

Spore him :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 02:16:48 pm »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 02:29:50 pm »

Trip him and lacerate him with roots! We will absorb his nutrients and gain his powers!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 02:40:42 pm »

The adventurer walks towards you. You do your best to stick out your roots... and WHAM, he trips over and cracks his neck on his pauldron. You gain 300 XP, leveling up twice! You size increases to 2! You Health increases to 4! You may choose two abilities.

As have suggested, you may gain spores (which act like mobile roots) if you choose. You may also gain flesh eating on your roots and spores. You might want to get the ability to relocate your roots instead of spores, if you so choose. You can gain an ability in pretty much anything you can think of.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 02:42:16 pm »

>Gain prehensile roots
>Gain flesh eating

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 02:44:27 pm »

Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Yet I go with that action.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7