Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modify Vanilla reactions  (Read 1840 times)

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Masterwork Guide/Videos
Modify Vanilla reactions
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »

I am new to the modding community and I have enjoyed reading the raws in masterwork, learning how the reactions work in the new workshops and what the requirements are, and I wanted to know how to change some of the vanilla reactions.  Specifically, I want to change the keybindings for them, not the actual material requirements.  I come from a lot of qwerty type 'grid format' gameplay, and it annoys me to no end that every workshop has a nonsense organization system.  Sometimes it makes sense.  B for bed.  C for coffer.  D for door.  But when there are more than one item that have the same letter, you just have to 'know' the binding, which I HATE.  It reminds me of WC3 Dota, or starcraft 1, where your keybindings were tremendously inconvenient.

I want to make it so every workshop has the same format.  The first item in the list will be Q.  The 2nd will be W.  Then E.  Etc, following a grid format.  If there are excess keybinds, I have no issue with making it shift-Q,w,e etc. 

I was able to modify all the reactions at the buildings created in the masterwork mod to my liking, but now I cannot seem to find the vanilla reactions anywhere. 

What are my options?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Modify Vanilla reactions
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:09:27 pm »

scream and giveup.
you an scroll the lists with - and +.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:14:38 pm »

The majority of vanilla reactions are hardcoded and as such, are unable to be modified. Currently the only vanilla reactions that can be edited are the ones at the smelter, the ones at the kiln, those involving wax, and a few others such as oil pressing and leather tanning. Everything else is unable to be modified.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 05:48:24 pm »

What if I remade the vanilla buildings identically the way I want.  Is there some way to delete or remove the vanilla buildings?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »

What if I remade the vanilla buildings identically the way I want.  Is there some way to delete or remove the vanilla buildings?
Nope. Right now the majority of what we can do with vanilla buildings/reactions is hardcoded and can't be changed. You could create remakes of all of the vanilla buildings that work like you wanted, but it would be up to the players themselves to only use those and not to use the original vanilla ones.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Arumba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 06:56:08 pm »

Thank you for the replies.  I'm a bit sad.  Just imagine the speed this game could improve if more of it was mod-able. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:40:19 pm »

Actually... the next dfhack will support scirpts that alter vanilla reactions. Warmist made a post about it a while ago.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::