Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 109964 times)

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Hrm...
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Btw 31.12 just got released :P

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Ok, just downloaded DF onto my daughter's laptop and it does just what you describe. Should have a fix soon, probably something dumb dumb dumb.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No worries, looking forward to testing it out when you get it done.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Found it, I entered an absolute address somewhere that should have been relative... my bad.

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You want to put the fixed version up now? I'll try it on 31.12 as well, looks like very little changed from 31.11 so it may just work.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:46:37 am by spooq »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Ok, the fixed version is up.. but it won't work on .12 yet.

My program is hard coded to only work with .10 and .11.

Try the fix now and see if it works for you prz :D

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

0.1.2 works with the 31.12 now...

Hopefully I can finally get around to working on 0.2 :P

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, that works (with 31.11), very nice :)

What are your plans for this tool?

Edit: FWIW, I closed Foreman, then DF, and DF crashed on exit. Doesn't really matter.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:25:12 am by spooq »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Kind of like how they used to design assembly lines.

They would put like a certain amount workers on it who each had a bell or a rope they could pull to signal if they got behind. They would speed up the line until someone fell behind, than they would put an additional person with him and continue running the line even faster. Using this method they would get the most use out of their labor.

I kind of imagine that with DF production... this will let you see the weaknesses in your supply chain so you can be pumping out insane amounts of product.

I want to set up my supply areas and then forget about them, so I can move on with designing the rest of my projects on my fort.

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds great. I could help with the gui work if you are interested? If not, I will keep testing for you.

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Devek, no offense to you or the tool, but i simply have no idea at all on how to use it. what does it allow me to do actually and how can i make it work?
Zeocin's take on the current situation in Ardentdikes:
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile

devek:
i had similar idea, thought of using this method, but instantly wrote it off because it could never work. I guess i got proven wrong :D

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Devek, no offense to you or the tool, but i simply have no idea at all on how to use it. what does it allow me to do actually and how can i make it work?

At the moment it is pretty much useless, it is just a proof-of-concept.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32