Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: Dwarf Foreman 0.7.2 - Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers  (Read 110002 times)

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Devek, no offense to you or the tool, but i simply have no idea at all on how to use it. what does it allow me to do actually and how can i make it work?

At the moment it is pretty much useless, it is just a proof-of-concept.

It can cut down every visible tree now, that alone kind of rocks :P
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, new feature :)

How would you feel about this being integrated into Dwarf Therapist?

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Not interested.

DT is a complete product, without much room for improvement,  in my opinion. I would rather find an alternative way to manage labor assignments.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Yay, new minor release.

Next step, collecting data for a bunch of items to make and finding a modular way to add them instead of hard coding each one. After that, it will be somewhat useful.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

New release, a lot more useful.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile

can't download this, my net during the week time is very limited, i'll try it during the weekend, if i remember. seems quite interesting

nucleus222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have been looking for something like this for a long time. and am eagerly watching its developemnt :)

are you open to suggestions ?

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It doesn't work for me, all it does is say allocating memory failed.  :(

I'm using Df 31.10, so it should work, right?

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Ya.. I have a theory about why you might see that. I'll start on a fix right now and upload it soon so you can try it.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

I have been looking for something like this for a long time. and am eagerly watching its developemnt :)

are you open to suggestions ?

Well, of course.. but it isn't like I am doing nothing because I am out of ideas. There is a ton of stuff I have planned for this.

It doesn't work for me, all it does is say allocating memory failed.  :(

I'm using Df 31.10, so it should work, right?

Ya, I support 31.10. It was most likely caused by a stupid hack I used. Now that I know c++ better(internally) I know safer spots to write to DF's memory and I pick one of those now.  Please try downloading 0.3.1 and let me know if the error goes away.

Syreniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That fixed it.

This is a brilliant tool, all it needs now is an auto-slaughter kitten feature.  :P

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

It is funny you said that cause it is one of the features that will be in 0.4.

I'm having that problem on my fort right now (anything that is my problem goes into the program).

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I tried but I couldn't get the drinks to work. I set it to 600, I had 550 (according to z->food menu), and it only "read" 45 so it kept giving 550+ manager jobs. I also tried to keep my logs around 150 (I had 120) but nothing was marked for cutting. Then I tried to mark all the trees, and it worked once, but on the next tick, it crashed foreman. I used dfhacks unstuck to get dwarf fortress going again, but I couldn't start foreman again, it gave the same error as if DF wasn't even running.

This was on windows 31.12.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 05:14:35 am by Heavenfall »
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile

Well, the target logs doesn't really work except to show you what percent of logs you have. You can either cut them all or not... I haven't implemented the target for logs cause I don't really know how I would select the trees. Do I select them at random or find ones close to an object? In my fort I just leave it cutting all the trees all the time. I hate elves.

I'll have to look into the drinks, it doesn't count things that are forbidden or are part of a construction. It turns out it also doesn't count stacked items *facepalm*, so if you go to the stocks menu and hit tab to view the individual drinks.. you'll see 45 stacks lol. That needs to be fixed asap.

I also add some type of exception logging to the next versions so I can at least get something when someone reports a crash :/

Gimme a few hours.  DFHack throws exceptions instead of error codes, but exceptions don't seem to not work in QT. :D

edit: erm, idk why dfhack exceptions work for me on a normal app but not a qt one :/
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:13:58 am by devek »

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check to see if Qt and/or the apps .pro have exceptions turned off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32