Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released  (Read 73076 times)

helpmegod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • EDTA
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2010, 12:53:32 am »

Looks great! Thanks

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2010, 01:33:04 pm »

I tried to deal with the guard duty by switching off every month for my dwarves but they still train when I have them as inactive.  Other than that I am really enjoying the military fixes.  HAIL THE TOADY GOD.

ra2phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2010, 01:44:06 pm »

Is it intentional that the item_food raw has an old timestamp and is smaller than the .11 one?  I cannot load my save in .12, I get error: Missing item: ITEM_FOOD_MASH.  The .11 food raw has 8 items, the .12 one has 3.  It's lost things like:

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_MASH]
[NAME:mash]
[LEVEL:1]

If this is intended, is there a way to migrate my save or do I have to restart?

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2010, 02:09:38 pm »

Is it intentional that the item_food raw has an old timestamp and is smaller than the .11 one?  I cannot load my save in .12, I get error: Missing item: ITEM_FOOD_MASH.  The .11 food raw has 8 items, the .12 one has 3.  It's lost things like:

[ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_MASH]
[NAME:mash]
[LEVEL:1]

If this is intended, is there a way to migrate my save or do I have to restart?

Your 31.11 item_food.txt was probably from a mod.  The vanilla item_food.txt hasn't changed in years.

I'm guessing you copied the 31.12 raws into your save's raws?  As a general rule, you shouldn't do that (although it's fine in certain cases).  The whole reason each save has its own raws is to prevent crashes from incompatible raws.  Manually copying the vanilla raws into your save's raws essentially overrides this protective mechanism.  Your save will become usable once you restore its original raws (if those raws came from a downloaded mod, you should be able to restore them from the mod).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:12:33 pm by Footkerchief »

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2010, 10:39:20 pm »

Sweeeeet I can choose my own baroness now! I can guarantee that I will ALWAYS have a female ruler!  :-*
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2010, 11:46:44 pm »

Here is a new one I haven't seen.  I got a canceled make pig iron bars: needs 150 iron bars.  I know this is a bug in either the announcement or in the actual making of the bars.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2010, 11:48:11 pm »

Here is a new one I haven't seen.  I got a canceled make pig iron bars: needs 150 iron bars.  I know this is a bug in either the announcement or in the actual making of the bars.

It's this bug.

Feckless

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Omnomnom kitty kitty :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 01, 2010, 06:35:17 am »

Thanks for the suggestings RE: My Marksdwarfs problem. Turned out I also needed to assign them a barracks in addition to the archery ranges. I could've made the archery targets the barracks for non-shooty training. But for some reason I got the idea that firing past fellow squadmates just doesn't look professional :P

I actually have a NEW problem. YAY!
Even though I gave the squad like 400 training (wood defined) bolts, they still decided to use the metal ones I was stockpiling for an ACTUAL invasion after running out of wooden ones. Even though the metal bolts were labeled for combat. It was quite frustrating and a tad emotional (he had a wife and two kids) to see one of my marksdwarfs running into battle with his crossbow as a bludgeon weapon. (Always the agile ones...)
That didn't end well for him. He got his head caved in by a copper whip O_O
So please, Footkerchief, got any ideas? :/

Also, one for the road. One of the other marksdwarves got a fractured foot in the battle. He got taken to the fully functional hospital. diagnosed, cleaned and sutured. But when the medic went to go get water for the cast, the lake froze while he was going to it. He comes back and cancels the job. Then less then 2 minutes later, I see the crippled dwarf jump out of bed and go on his merry way to training. No scars. No history that he ever had a fractured foot!
Now can someone tell me if this is normal? Is a fracture considered as something that needs setting, or can dwarves who quote "heals quite fast' just ignore fractures and have super healing powers instead?
It remains needless to say....Sally, was not amused.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 01, 2010, 08:11:13 am »

Even though I gave the squad like 400 training (wood defined) bolts, they still decided to use the metal ones I was stockpiling for an ACTUAL invasion after running out of wooden ones. Even though the metal bolts were labeled for combat.

I am not Footkerchief, but...

It's this bug.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

LemmingKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2010, 12:58:30 pm »

I can't get this to work, when I click on the application it says something like "index file may be corrupted or missing, please check to see if it is in the data folder" and it is in the data folder, I did two downloads already and still no success. Anyone have a clue?

Fixed, cut (ctrl+x) the files to a folder, saw a few were not moved so just moved them and it all works.

Feckless

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Omnomnom kitty kitty :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2010, 09:07:20 pm »

I am not Footkerchief, but...

It's this bug.

Thanks, I will try forbidding the metal ammo this time. Cheers for the help :D
It remains needless to say....Sally, was not amused.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 02, 2010, 01:37:14 am »

Forbid the metal ammo in the stockpiles but dump the one they already have in quivers, because they won't put it aside by themselves and will continue to use it.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Rkui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2010, 04:08:55 am »

Hey this version is really nice, but there is still something bothering me a lot, the better soldiers still disable their work each time they go off duty, its really a pain, everytime i go in the unit list i find some not working.
I think the idea that some might not want to work anymore might be a good idea, and should maybe be kept, especially the "hero" like soldier that named their weapon or something similar, but then just disable the job list as it used to be in 40 if i recall well. This "bug" is just a pain for management.

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2010, 05:03:38 am »

About the new entry:
[...]Right now the villages all have around 100 people and the largest town there has ~4000
MOAR PEEPOLZ TO KILL!

fanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2010, 07:13:43 am »

About the new entry:
[...]Right now the villages all have around 100 people and the largest town there has ~4000
MOAR PEEPOLZ TO KILL!

It is cool to see Toady FINALLY adressing the village and world map development arc. I mean it has been on top of ESV for AGES already!
fanatic cancels play DF : gone berzerk at framerate.                                                  x1000
------------------------
Pour magma first - ask questions later!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12