Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released  (Read 72844 times)

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 04:05:25 pm »

Well, I guess it's finally time to see if Marksdwarves work.  I certainly hope they do, since all the buzzards and vultures at my current fort can get really annoying when I want to do outdoors stuff.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 04:19:19 pm »

Well, I guess it's finally time to see if Marksdwarves work.  I certainly hope they do, since all the buzzards and vultures at my current fort can get really annoying when I want to do outdoors stuff.
Hunting is a great way to get stuff to butcher and it also trains marksdwarfing and archery. Bone and wood bolts suck of course but it's training vs. the birds.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

madjoe5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 05:21:49 pm »

Anyone else feel like training in general is still taking too long? I mean, I haven't seen any recruits get anything above dabbling in their weaopn skills, and its been 2 years since most of them were drafted.

I think its because group demonstrations are always on dodging, striking, fighting etc, never weapon skills.

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 06:07:27 pm »

Completely unrelated to the bugfixes, which have of course shown very nice progress so far, I'd like to request a little feature. While trading at the trade depot or selecting items to transfer to the trade depot, what about a key that either 1. Adds/removes the [T] tag targeting all items at once. Applies to the whole list of items where the select bar currently resides. 2. Uses a NOT operation on every item, switching [T] to unselected and vice versa. 3. The ability to mark blocks of items at once similar to the designation menu, and/or 4. The ability to mark multiple items with mouse by a single click and hold.

Any one of those would be very handy - And any would solve the problem of marking dorfzillion items twice for every caravan that visits.

havocx42

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 06:09:04 pm »

I have to say I am enjoying this version, spent this afternoon and evening playing with the military and actually getting them to train woo.

In an attempt to regain my attention my girlfriend actually started narrating a story about a dwarf, Urist the blacksmith :P

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2010, 06:21:48 pm »

Completely unrelated to the bugfixes, which have of course shown very nice progress so far, I'd like to request a little feature. While trading at the trade depot or selecting items to transfer to the trade depot, what about a key that either 1. Adds/removes the [T] tag targeting all items at once. Applies to the whole list of items where the select bar currently resides. 2. Uses a NOT operation on every item, switching [T] to unselected and vice versa. 3. The ability to mark blocks of items at once similar to the designation menu, and/or 4. The ability to mark multiple items with mouse by a single click and hold.

Any one of those would be very handy - And any would solve the problem of marking dorfzillion items twice for every caravan that visits.

A lot of this was suggested in these threads:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=28929.0
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20287.0

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2010, 06:42:41 pm »

I have to say I am enjoying this version, spent this afternoon and evening playing with the military and actually getting them to train woo.

In an attempt to regain my attention my girlfriend actually started narrating a story about a dwarf, Urist the blacksmith :P

You and your girlfriend serious need to co-op on a fort. It be an awesome, FUN bonding experience! :3 Also, see if you can her to write up the tale of Urist the blacksmith because now I'm curious to know more about this.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2010, 07:41:36 pm »

For those who use legacy versions, I'd love to hear *why*.

I can't fix bugs without bug reports, and the legacy vein won't be around forever (one hopes), so it's in your own best interest to chat about it. ^_^
Well, despite all the promised speedups and everyone else complimenting on your work, my computer absolutely hates your SDL code. The game has horrible FPS, graphics from the last frame will still show up on the next, and it just generally takes up a lot more CPU. And of course, I have played around with every one of the shader versions. Without legacy, I simply would have to stop playing DF.

Tileset was of course set to ironhand.png

Pretty sure that's your problem right there. Almost positive that Legacy uses .bmp files, not .png files.
I tried converting the file to bitmap. No such luck, either. I just got the scratches and so forth I mentioned before.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »

Well, despite all the promised speedups and everyone else complimenting on your work, my computer absolutely hates your SDL code. The game has horrible FPS, graphics from the last frame will still show up on the next, and it just generally takes up a lot more CPU. And of course, I have played around with every one of the shader versions. Without legacy, I simply would have to stop playing DF.

Tried updating your graphics drivers recently?  If that doesn't help, you should probably post your dxdiag info.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:47:05 pm by Footkerchief »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2010, 08:10:23 pm »

Ill upload my dxdiag in a bit, but my drivers are completely updated to the final release version. The computer itself is old, from the WinXP era, but I dont think thats too far back for DF to run well on. Legacy DF runs at 100 fps until about 15-20 dwarves, then around 60 until ~70, and when it hits my init pop cap of 100, I have around 20-35 fps.

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2010, 08:15:54 pm »

For those who use legacy versions, I'd love to hear *why*.

I can't fix bugs without bug reports, and the legacy vein won't be around forever (one hopes), so it's in your own best interest to chat about it. ^_^

I don't know if this is an issue with my computer or your code but my shift key won't work on certain shortcuts like say lever pulling is shift + P and when i try that it reads just p.  I find it annoying and I've made work arounds with the key bindings but still I find it frustrating.  I do like the SDL version though and I really love the FPS boost it really makes playing much more enjoyable.  I can send you a save if you would like.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:18:36 pm by izraqthedark »

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2010, 04:56:31 am »

Hm. Seems like a silly question, but - shift-p does work in other applications, right? That is, the keyboard isn't broken?

Also try setting it in the ingame keybinding menu, tell me how it shows up there, if at all.

Rex: How about an absolutely stock SDL version, unpacked in a fresh directory, with no init.txt changes?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2010, 08:11:01 am »

31.12 doesn't recognize 1bit BW bmp while 31.10 works fine with it.
Finis sanctificat media.

Brzhk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37:28 am »

hum, am i the only one unable to generate worlds with .12?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2010, 08:39:36 am »

Grax: There are no changes to the tileset-loading code; however, the legacy version only accepts a particular /kind/ of BMP. IIRC, 24-bit RGB.

Are you sure you weren't using the sdl version?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12