Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released  (Read 73142 times)

Lord Aether

• Bay Watcher
  • FOR THE DWARVES!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2010, 02:15:20 am »

So, I love the military fixes and everything, but I have a group of dwarves scheduled to station on a point all flashing with the blue arrow indicating thirst...  They all have waterskins that have drink in them, but they don't seem to want to drink it.

They drink it when you cancel their orders.

But then what is the point of waterskins?  Same with hunger, I've discovered.  I thought that the point of having backpacks/waterskins was so that they could eat/drink while on the job?

Oh, and they are scheduled to for guard duty, so canceling the order would involve changing them to inactive.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:17:54 am by Lord Aether »
The bunny likes you.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2010, 04:02:50 am »

If it is a scheduled order, go to the edit screen for it and use +/- to adjust the minimum dwarfs for the order.

If you set it to like 8.. that means 2 of them will be free to take breaks to eat/drink/sleep etc. By having a waterskin/backpack they don't have to go all the way back to the fort to eat.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Feckless

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Omnomnom kitty kitty :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2010, 07:33:18 am »

If you set it to like 8.. that means 2 of them will be free to take breaks to eat/drink/sleep etc. By having a waterskin/backpack they don't have to go all the way back to the fort to eat.

Ooo that makes more sense now. The new military system is friggin awesome, It just has a lot more content. And is slightly hard to crack at first.

On a somewhat related note, I have a squad of 5 that I am training as marksdwarves. I got two hunters in the last wave of migrants, so I put one of them as a captain. I then proceeded to make a new uniform for Marksdwarfs, and apply it to the whole squad. I then allocated ammo. This is where it gets messy. I dont know how many bolts I should have for my 5 dwarf squad. I ended up putting 300 bolts (designated material wooden) for training only. And 200 metal bolts designated for Live firing.

I see my dwarves grab armor, waterskins, backpacks and weapons. Now here is the strange thing, two of the recruits that have no skill, immediately start grabbing practice bolts and merrily make their way to the firing range, and start happily shooting the ceiling and floor, bless them. But the two main dwarves (the hunters with crossbow skill, amongst other skills) Stand around Or worse, do hauling jobs! Not changing into armor and not picking up ammo. Iv'e checked and double checked all parameters. Uniform allocation, bolts issued, in the same squad etc. But nothing is going on! They just sit there with the Soilder <cant follow order> tag..... :(
I must be doing something wrong here. Enlighten me please. I have the archery targets set up to my crossbow squad (five of them so yes theres plenty of room) and it is set for training, which is obviously working. Do I also need to assign them a barracks in the form of an armor stand e.t.c? Or is it something else?

Also this is my first post on the forums. I have been lurking here for over a year, thought it was about time to make an appearance :D
Footkerchief and Baughn are somewhat my idols for all the informative posts I have read of theirs. Toady too of course.
-bows to the great toad-
Excellent game chap, cant wait the 5+ years till this work of art is fully realized. It will truly be a sight to behold!
It remains needless to say....Sally, was not amused.

Abattoir

• Escaped Lunatic
  • What is that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2010, 09:44:11 am »

So... When will the dorfs find their own bedrooms again? i really, really want those to work. I hate it when they dont go to sleep in their personal palaces, instead they go slumming in the hospital.

But its great to know that the military works! Keep up the good work!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2010, 11:22:25 am »

Not changing into armor and not picking up ammo. Iv'e checked and double checked all parameters. Uniform allocation, bolts issued, in the same squad etc. But nothing is going on! They just sit there with the Soldier <cant follow order> tag..... :(
Got enough quivers in the fort? Lots of ammo assigned to the military, with training-flag enabled on the bolts?
If your 1-3 archery ranges are in use, the rest have to wait for their turn for a range to become free, then they can follow training order with crossbow.

So... When will the dorfs find their own bedrooms again? i really, really want those to work. I hate it when they dont go to sleep in their personal palaces, instead they go slumming in the hospital.
Is the hospital _closer_ than the fancy bedrooms? Try (d-o-r) restricted pathing cost at the hospital and high traffic on the bedroom corridors.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:24:25 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Trojanhamster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2010, 02:35:10 pm »

The skill_rates token appears to still be not fully functional.

I've tried both, [SKILL_RATES:100:0:0:0] and [SKILL_RATES:100:NONE:NONE:NONE] and both result in continued skill rusting.

It's a bit of a game killer for myself and my friend so figured I'd post.

Posted in the bug tracker since I didn't see anything similar there http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2877

prios

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2010, 10:18:38 pm »

Is the hospital _closer_ than the fancy bedrooms? Try (d-o-r) restricted pathing cost at the hospital and high traffic on the bedroom corridors.

Dwarves ignore pathfinding when choosing a bed; hence, this doesn't work. (I've tried.) They also largely (or entirely) ignore the z-axis. It would work to put the hospital way, way off in a remote corner of the fort, but that, er, complicates emergency response times.
Right now, I keep unwanted dwarves out of the hospital beds by using a megaburrow that doesn't include the beds. For a quicker, simpler fix, forbid the beds from (t) until there are wounded.

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2010, 10:56:21 pm »

The "Home" function is still broken. Can't I just take the old file from a previous build and replace the new one?
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2010, 11:26:16 am »

Now that the Baron thing is working properly, can anyone tell me if the Dungeon Master is showing up more regularly now?  It is kind of a let down having all these caged critters but not being able to tame them.  :)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2010, 11:43:14 am »

I would like to know too. I have like 20+ of various monkeys sitting in my animal stockpile, including gorillas which can be trained into war animals.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2010, 12:09:34 pm »

There is a utility called NoExotics which fixes the fact that you need a DM and makes them into regular tameables. It shouldn't require a regen.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2010, 02:00:50 pm »

Sounds handy, but I really don't like editing raws or using mods; just my preference I guess.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2010, 02:52:06 pm »

Now that the Baron thing is working properly, can anyone tell me if the Dungeon Master is showing up more regularly now?  It is kind of a let down having all these caged critters but not being able to tame them.  :)

Is it? I haven't seen one yet.
Death before dishonour

havocx42

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2010, 04:04:50 pm »

One of my dwarves babies just got kicked by a mountain goat a few times and has a few broken bones however his mother won't take him to the hospital, do i just have to wait untill he grows up?his medical page says diagnosis required.

I did a quick search but I couldn't find any similar issues, has anyone else encountered this? should i post it to the bug tracker?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2010, 12:27:36 am »

The Dungeon Master doesn't actually allow the taming of exotics, despite whatever tags his position may have. You might as well edit the raws and make them tamable yourself.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12