Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released  (Read 72868 times)

Cyntrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2010, 01:19:20 pm »

Awesome release *thumbs up*
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:21:05 pm by Cyntrox »
"[...] begin to seek immortality, the secrets of which they can receive directly from any available death god [...]" -Toady

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2010, 02:16:09 pm »

I dont know if this is common knowledge, but it seems the Legacy versions still have a broken Graphics mode. Or is it just me not working the Init right?

Beardless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 02:31:19 pm »

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

I suggest we name the next release 0.31.14 so even-numbered crash fixes won't be needed this time. ;)

I agree. Theres something going on with odd numbered releases and murphys law keeps hitting them, been happening since .07 .

I know better than to try to nip a blossoming superstition in the bud, but it's not a spooky odd-numbered-release curse. It's simple math. Every planned release has a problem that needs a fix, so a hotfix is released. It just happened to start on an odd number, so every fix is even. As long as every release requires a hotfix, the SONRC will remain. As for the inevitable switch to SENRC, all it takes is one release that doesn't require a hotfix, or a single fix that requires a hotfix itself--which are both reasonably likely in my (layman's) opinion.

Having come thus far with logic, I will now throw it out the window and predict the switch to evens will happen with the release of versions 31.13 and 31.14.
So it turns out that dumping magma on skeletons is either a really bad idea or maybe like the best idea ever.

RevReese

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing has never been so much fun!
    • View Profile
    • https://terencebennett.wordpress.com/
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 02:47:20 pm »

I was up all night last night after a hard day recovering from the night before, and just started getting things the way I like them in my fort and.....Toady does this to me!  ;)
Every time I get a good session in, a new release appears!  :'(
I actually had a nice evening planned tonight with my better half..... oh well, she won't mind if I have a little look at the new version...  ::)
Toady, you are truly an inspiration! Thank you once again!  8)

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »

Any news on whether the economy is functioning in this version?

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2010, 03:20:27 pm »

OK, my dwarf civ's liaison has been replaced.  The new diplomat (a Cook) arrived with the autumn caravan.

But she's not acting particularly Diplomatic.  Instead of following my Mayor around trying to get a meeting conducted, she's just sitting in the Dining Hall.  (The Mayor is not there.)

Edit: Oh, I wrote too soon.  She's just extremely polite.  My Mayor had a backlogged Conduct Meeting request with a dwarf who suffered art defacement.  She didn't get diplomatic until that was satisfied.  Now she's all "let's discuss your situation!"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 03:28:43 pm by greycat »
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2010, 03:33:19 pm »

A Wild Dorf Fort release appears!

Giant Adamantine Spire! I choose you!

Giant Adamantine Spire used Load!

the Wild Dorf Fort release is Defeated!

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 03:35:18 pm »

OK, my dwarf civ's liaison has been replaced.  The new diplomat (a Cook) arrived with the autumn caravan.

But she's not acting particularly Diplomatic.  Instead of following my Mayor around trying to get a meeting conducted, she's just sitting in the Dining Hall.  (The Mayor is not there.)

Edit: Oh, I wrote too soon.  She's just extremely polite.  My Mayor had a backlogged Conduct Meeting request with a dwarf who suffered art defacement.  She didn't get diplomatic until that was satisfied.  Now she's all "let's discuss your situation!"

Sweet. Beats the old ones who were all in-your-face until you spoke to them.
One of the liaisons in one of my old forts took to watching my mayor while he slept... O.o
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 03:36:00 pm »

I wonder if she was the caravans cook? heh.

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 03:41:26 pm »

Hmm, about the adamantine spire: you'll need something more than a simple fix to take on the spike of the gods.

Yes. Your world menaces with spikes of adamantine.

Cyntrox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2010, 04:06:11 pm »

Well, the liason change definitely fixed something.  For the first time ever in 0.31.x I finally got a human guild rep.  It was in a save copied from 0.31.11 that had gone its first summer without one.

Edit:
Weird, the 1st human dialogue said he came from the mountainhomes.   :o

And then my broker gets a mood during the meeting, so he left unhappy.   :o  :o  >:(
That happened to me too - with both the humans and the elves. They talked to me for the first time, and both said they were from the mountainhomes.

It's pretty horrible though: Elf Weaver Zepave Uriepeve: I come from the mountainhomes!
"[...] begin to seek immortality, the secrets of which they can receive directly from any available death god [...]" -Toady

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2010, 04:37:34 pm »

I just had the Elf liason from the Mountainhomes too.  Spooky!!

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2010, 04:48:50 pm »

Well, the liason change definitely fixed something.  For the first time ever in 0.31.x I finally got a human guild rep.  It was in a save copied from 0.31.11 that had gone its first summer without one.

Edit:
Weird, the 1st human dialogue said he came from the mountainhomes.   :o

And then my broker gets a mood during the meeting, so he left unhappy.   :o  :o  >:(
That happened to me too - with both the humans and the elves. They talked to me for the first time, and both said they were from the mountainhomes.

It's pretty horrible though: Elf Weaver Zepave Uriepeve: I come from the mountainhomes!
I just had the Elf liason from the Mountainhomes too.  Spooky!!

It's been reported here on the tracker.

Thundrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2010, 05:33:08 pm »

May the growth of your beard be blessed by Mahal himself! *Bows deeply*

---

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2010, 06:11:48 pm »

He he, yeah, I think I understand the extra "dwarves" that are coming, but if it's not a major problem I'll just leave it until the next actual release.  I don't think it can break anything badly.  They are using the wrong conversation script, but they should get at the same list of topics their civilization's diplomat normally has.  That might not include trade agreements though.  Was the guy actually called a guild rep?  I can't find reference to that anywhere.

Quote from: Calathar
Any news on whether the economy is functioning in this version?

I don't think it'll turn on even when you get a baron.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12