Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released  (Read 72873 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2010, 06:31:19 pm »

Wow, I'm getting my first Sparring combat log reports! Didn't know they were in the game. Thanks Toady!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

tenach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2010, 06:38:33 pm »

Sweet! Thank you Toady! :D

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2010, 08:18:13 pm »

Weird, the 1st human dialogue said he came from the mountainhomes.

I'm playing a new fortress in .11 and a Human said the same thing. I was confused...
Euler's identity can be used to quickly (and informally) verify DeMoivre's Theorem.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2010, 08:29:11 pm »

I dont know if this is common knowledge, but it seems the Legacy versions still have a broken Graphics mode. Or is it just me not working the Init right?
Sorry for the bump on this question, but I'm still wondering. I downloaded vanilla DF .12Legacy from the site, and downloaded Ironhand's graphics pack. Of course, I needed to modify the init a bit because the init that comes with the Graphics Pack is for non-legacy versions. So I set the grid size and resolution to work correctly with a 18x18 graphics pack, and made sure I had all the files in the correct places. Started DF, not even a tileset (Tileset was of course set to ironhand.png, which was in my art folder). I have changed just about every variable in the init I can to get it to work - nothing changed.

So, I turned off graphics and just tried to use ironhand's tileset. Still having the same problem, except where text is supposed to me, theres just etches and scratches. I know I had my resolution set to gridsize x/y {times} 18.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2010, 09:55:21 pm »

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Check's in the mail!

Man In Zero G

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2010, 09:57:01 pm »

Tileset was of course set to ironhand.png

Pretty sure that's your problem right there. Almost positive that Legacy uses .bmp files, not .png files.
Quote from: Toady One
Their lack of eyes should stop them from crying.
Just watching dwarves make poor decisions repeatedly as I fix their little minds...
I haven't checked since I'm not doing bugs until after the release (well, I'm doing bugs, in the additive sense).

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2010, 09:59:34 pm »

Whoops, I posted this over in the .11 thread by mistake.  Apologies for crossposting.

If training is too slow with no Teaching skill, but can't be significantly increased without unbalancing it for high Teaching skill, then wouldn't it be a good idea to greatly increase the rate at which Teaching trains when instructing? That way training would start off very slow, but quickly reach a decent pace when teachers start skilling, without reaching the crazy pace that high skilled teacher + buffed learning rate would produce. Also, later expansions of your military wouldn't have to go through the initial slow period as you're guaranteed at least reasonably skilled instructors.

Poot

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:haunting quacks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2010, 10:26:27 pm »

Wait, when and how do dwarves do demonstrations?

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 12:24:45 am »

Wait, when and how do dwarves do demonstrations?

then you set them to train schedule
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 01:38:09 am »

So if I want skills to rust half as fast, I need to set the counter in the raws at twice what it is now, is that right?

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 06:22:31 am »

For those who use legacy versions, I'd love to hear *why*.

I can't fix bugs without bug reports, and the legacy vein won't be around forever (one hopes), so it's in your own best interest to chat about it. ^_^
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2010, 06:28:03 am »

Just to clarify, since skill rust works properly now and skills use attributes correctly does this mean skill gain for non-military jobs does work correctly now ?

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 08:39:37 am »

I'm guessing this is save compatible with .11?

jogar2

• Bay Watcher
  • It's just like a mini-mall
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 09:16:33 am »

Just to clarify, since skill rust works properly now and skills use attributes correctly does this mean skill gain for non-military jobs does work correctly now ?

Yes. After about an hour, I had two miners who were doing masonry stuff each gain an attribute (strength on one and endurance on the other)

I'm guessing this is save compatible with .11?

Yes.

P.S. to get your squads to do demonstrations, make sure they are "ACTIVE" (hit "s" to check). If they are INACTIVE, they will only do individual drills.

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 02:10:44 pm »

Holy heck. Elves spoke to me. I've *never* seen them come to me and complain about the forests before. I'm going to have to kill them all for *DARING* to speak to the mighty Dwarven Nation, of course... but still, it was a pleasureable new experience.

Now to start the magma pumps.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12