Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released  (Read 72847 times)

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2010, 08:56:55 am »

Hm. Seems like a silly question, but - shift-p does work in other applications, right? That is, the keyboard isn't broken?

Also try setting it in the ingame keybinding menu, tell me how it shows up there, if at all.

Rex: How about an absolutely stock SDL version, unpacked in a fresh directory, with no init.txt changes?
My shift key works fine with other applications and the funny thing is it works for a while then quickly stops working.

When I try to keybind it the game just gives me a lowercase letter.  I don't know why I am the only one with this problem.  I am curious if it is something strange with my laptop.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2010, 09:56:58 am »

Grax: There are no changes to the tileset-loading code; however, the legacy version only accepts a particular /kind/ of BMP. IIRC, 24-bit RGB.

Are you sure you weren't using the sdl version?
F*ck, yes, 31.10 is SDL.

I'm somewhat confused with these differences between appears-to-be-alike versions. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2010, 10:01:19 am »

F*ck, yes, 31.10 is SDL.

If you check the download page, 31.10 (like the current version) comes in both Legacy and SDL flavors.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2010, 10:02:39 am »

hum, am i the only one unable to generate worlds with .12?

What do you mean? I'm not having any issues at all and if anybody else did, it would have been made known already.

If you keep getting rejections, check your worldgen rejection log to see why and tweak the advanced settings accordingly.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2010, 10:18:41 am »

Hm. Seems like a silly question, but - shift-p does work in other applications, right? That is, the keyboard isn't broken?

Also try setting it in the ingame keybinding menu, tell me how it shows up there, if at all.

Rex: How about an absolutely stock SDL version, unpacked in a fresh directory, with no init.txt changes?
My shift key works fine with other applications and the funny thing is it works for a while then quickly stops working.

When I try to keybind it the game just gives me a lowercase letter.  I don't know why I am the only one with this problem.  I am curious if it is something strange with my laptop.

Do you accidentally hit Caps Lock? I do it occasionally and it produces the same effects...(And I went for 5 minutes the first time trying to figure out what was going wrong.)
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2010, 10:19:58 am »

You should be getting both "by letter" and "by position" binding options. Hm. Do you use an unusual keyboard layout? Dvorak?
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2010, 11:30:05 am »

Combat drills work fine both individually and in groups for me. Equipment management works as far as I can stretch it. I haven't managed to make 31.12 crash so far.

Some slight adjustments could be made to add more delay before skills start to rust, and to add more skill gains from combat drills.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2010, 11:32:22 am »

I think the alternative would be to either speed up the rate Student/Teacher skills train at, or have some means of training them up aside from having demonstrations. Currently I've modded in a custom workshop just to train these two skills and other obscure ones.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2010, 12:15:25 pm »

Combat drills work fine both individually and in groups for me. Equipment management works as far as I can stretch it. I haven't managed to make 31.12 crash so far.

Some slight adjustments could be made to add more delay before skills start to rust, and to add more skill gains from combat drills.

There's still problems with gauntlets and boots, sometimes they only wear one even if there are free ones for both hands in stockpiles.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

LemmingKing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2010, 12:31:32 pm »

I can't get this to work, when I click on the application it says something like "index file may be corrupted or missing, please check to see if it is in the data folder" and it is in the data folder, I did two downloads already and still no success. Anyone have a clue?

Lord Aether

• Bay Watcher
  • FOR THE DWARVES!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2010, 01:42:45 pm »

So, I love the military fixes and everything, but I have a group of dwarves scheduled to station on a point all flashing with the blue arrow indicating thirst...  They all have waterskins that have drink in them, but they don't seem to want to drink it.
The bunny likes you.

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2010, 02:47:04 pm »

You should be getting both "by letter" and "by position" binding options. Hm. Do you use an unusual keyboard layout? Dvorak?
I don't use anything than the standard keyboard and I've even had the caps on and no luck.  I checked the keybinding and I only get the by letter and then I have to go in and put in the by position by myself as a workaround.  I will send you my data folder to check out.

izraqthedark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2010, 02:54:20 pm »

I put it on the bug tracker  http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2865 but I don't know how to upload my save so no save included sadly.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2010, 03:01:13 pm »

So, I love the military fixes and everything, but I have a group of dwarves scheduled to station on a point all flashing with the blue arrow indicating thirst...  They all have waterskins that have drink in them, but they don't seem to want to drink it.

They drink it when you cancel their orders.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

marcusbjol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2010, 06:46:52 pm »

Woot... child labor.  Have a child deconstructing and hauling things.

Awesome :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12