Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released  (Read 72845 times)

Baughn

• Noble Phantasm
  • The Haruhiist
  • Hiss
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.12 Released
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2010, 08:34:52 am »

> Firewall
> Blocking DLL

What.
C++ makes baby Cthulhu weep. Why settle for the lesser horror?

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2010, 04:54:56 pm »

> Firewall
> Blocking DLL

What.

Have YOU ever tried to get a DLL past a wall of fire? It stings, I can tell you. Stings like there's no tomorrow.

(also, what.)

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2010, 07:03:56 am »

I imagine he means that his firewall can do per-executable rules for connections, and he'd blocked a dll from making a connection it needed. Possibly even a loopback connection (something you should NEVER block).

As to how that has anything to do with his shift key not working in dwarf-fort, I have no clue.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

pushing.robot

• Bay Watcher
  • Wind-Up Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2010, 09:26:46 am »

Comodo IIRC also tries to protect against DLL injection attacks to prevent untrusted programs from hijacking trusted ones.  Maybe it picked up something DF was doing as a false positive.

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2010, 08:09:36 pm »

Alright, I seem to be having trouble starting Dwarf Fortress, which was working just fine a month ago.

I now get this message when trying to start it up: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

I get this with both a vanilla, freshly downloaded version of 0.31.12, and with the one I downloaded when 0.31.12 came out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, running Windows XP 64 bit.

EDIT2: Well, I think I figured it out. I think something fscked up my installation of windows, because other programs are giving me this now, too.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:26:27 pm by Deadbeard »
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

WCG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • That's interesting...
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2010, 11:00:52 am »

I tried playing 0.31.08 (I think it was), but the game kept crashing or locking up on me. But I've been playing 0.31.12 the last few days and haven't had a problem at all. It's great!

Well, it did crash during a save once, but as far as I can tell, the save was completed by then. At least, I didn't notice any problems after getting back into the game.

Thanks!

Onasaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2010, 11:30:38 pm »

I still have version 31.03. My question is, does the updated version overwrite the sprites-version I have? Or can I basically just extract this into that same file and still have my sprites?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2010, 07:20:16 am »

I still have version 31.03. My question is, does the updated version overwrite the sprites-version I have? Or can I basically just extract this into that same file and still have my sprites?

You need to copy your sprite files, then when you download the new version, you can copy them into the new version's folder and stick the sprites into 31.12. I think. Back up your sprite folder before you do anything with it, anyway.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2010, 09:49:21 pm »

You need to copy your sprite files, then when you download the new version, you can copy them into the new version's folder and stick the sprites into 31.12. I think. Back up your sprite folder before you do anything with it, anyway.

Doubtful, just check the mods section for an updated version of the graphics your using.

Razzacc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2010, 02:36:51 am »

I am having troubles installing the Phoebus graphics tileset into 0.31.12  Normally everything works fine but DF keeps "unexpectedly quitting" whenever i get passed the main menu. Im using a MacBook Pro with the most recent update. Any one else with a mac having difficulties using graphics?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2010, 03:25:00 pm »

The complete newbie starter pack or whatever is vcalled in the modding section have everything with phoebus graphic pack if i remember
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2010, 08:06:51 pm »

What's the difference between SDL and Legacy. o.o

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2010, 08:14:21 pm »

legacy should only be used when you absoluteley ositiveley can't get SDL to work.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2010, 04:43:44 pm »

New bugfixes!

Ahhh, it will be good to make obsidian (or other sharp rock) swords again. Proper bedroom assignments is very welcome too.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

VWSpeedRacer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2010, 05:24:30 pm »

legacy should only be used when you absolutely positively can not get SDL to work.

Accept no substitutes.
"Yo dorf, I herd you like menacing so I put spikes on yo spikes so you can menace while you menace!"
I think something went wrong with the mac download. All I know is, there's an exe in it, and that just ain't right.
Armok's Sweaty Balls Toady
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12