Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Community Question - What're your opinions on possible Apocalypse events?  (Read 641 times)

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
  • You are filled with AN EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF BOLTS.
    • View Profile

I'm thinking of making a detailed Apocalypse Event/Entity suggestion in the Suggestions forum, but before I begin to sink large swathes of my free time into the project, I'd like to know how the community feels about the possibility of anything that can create near-extinction to total-extinction events. I'm not going to be making anything that totally destroys a world, or anything that lasts TOO long in the grand scheme of things.
i told you about those stairs man
i TOLD you DOG

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Community Question - What're your opinions on possible Apocalypse events?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 12:37:37 pm »

Not necessarly apocalyptic level of events, but it would be very interesting to keep up the interest in a fort (as once you get your fort self-sufficient , interest goes down a lot unfortunately) to have a lot more map/region/world sized events happening.
I mean something like earthquakes, sink holes, forest fires, the return of ambushes, banditry/bandit camp appearing in your map, other civs claiming part of your map based on territory dispute with your civ, a meteor crash, etc... with each event having various possible level of importance (up to apocalypse disaster level)

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
  • You are filled with AN EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF BOLTS.
    • View Profile
Re: Community Question - What're your opinions on possible Apocalypse events?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 01:53:58 pm »

That seems fair. I was mainly thinking about things like Necromancers' Masterpieces, Day of Lavos' style Awakenings, and Tsunamis.
i told you about those stairs man
i TOLD you DOG