Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarvenization Mod Collection - Lookin for Mods for a Community Game  (Read 843 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey there, I have been searching around the Mod section for things that I could use in the Community game I am running over HERE...

The thing is, its not just the Dwarves who are being played as for each player, you see there are 4 of each of the main races for a player to claim, that is Dwarf, Human, Elf and Goblin. But as of such the Races alone are a little bit different in ways that even just putting the Entity File right with the Nobles and stuff like that. I had been thinking of a few things to change in other files, like the Growdar of each of the vanilla plants (its using a Vanilla base) and adding a few other things into it...

Please have a look through it even if you ain't caring about the Community Game, perhaps you yourself could add something to the Races and then give others ideas for Perfect Race Mods for Vanilla...

For the World in itself I was thinking of using;

- Fur, Hide and Feathers - a tanning mod [0.8b]

- Also thinking of adding Specialized weapons/armour to the Races, Longbows for the Elves and Tower Shields for Humans. Things like that, any ideas on where I might 'Scavenge' those or any others that would fit the races perfectly...

Dwarves for example would be left as they are atm, perhaps with something extra like;

- Ironworks 1.1 Mod.
* The new Blast Furnace is a dwarf-only building that allows for large-scale steel production. Six iron ore, six flux stones, and six coke/charcoal are placed into the blast furnace and fired with fuel or magma to create six steel bars. This is by far the most efficient way to make steel, but since it only works in large batches and requires flux you may still find yourself making steel using the other two methods as well.
* The new Charcoal furnace is a high efficiency furnace that turns wood into two units of Charcoal, although it is slightly harder to make than a normal wood burning furnace.

-

Humans;

-Sawmill Custom Workshop
Is there a better version out there???

- Ironworks 1.1 Mod.
* Iron created at the smelter can no longer be used for weapons and armor. Instead, Iron can be work-hardened at the Finishing Forge to create Wrought Iron, which is about equal to Bronze.
* Steel is no longer created at the Smelter. Instead, I am using some more historically accurate was to create steel.
* Pattern-welded steel is created by taking Iron Bars, Pig Iron Bars, and charcoal or coke and hammering them together at the finishing forge to balance out the carbon levels between the two types of iron. This is the most labor intensive way to make steel, and dwarves usually have better options, but can be done if other resources are lacking.
* Pig Iron no longer requires Flux

- Black Lung
To only Humans and Goblins, Dwarves know how to mine Coal and stuff from the rock without getting hurt from the dust. Also looking at other possible Mods like this...

Elf;

- "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.(1)
To be able to tame and bring Animalmen to the workforce if there is some nearby...

- Looking for Mods that only Elves could use...

- Looking for Custom Workshops that only Elves could use... 'Tree Shrine' perhaps???

Goblins;

- "Friendship" enchancer ver 1.(1)
Goblins make slaves of other races, so why not...

- Black Lung

- Also thinking to make Beak Dogs buyable at Embark for Goblins, as well as perhaps Trolls at an ALARMING Cost. (Buying a breeding pair would cost nearly ALL of the Embarkpoints) How is one able to do that???
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:04:57 pm by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvenization Mod Collection - Lookin for Mods for a Community Game
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:14:16 pm »

- Also thinking to make Beak Dogs buyable at Embark for Goblins, as well as perhaps Trolls at an ALARMING Cost. (Buying a breeding pair would cost nearly ALL of the Embarkpoints) How is one able to do that???

You could try adding COMMON_DOMESTIC to them, but I can't remember if GOOD/EVIL override it or not - if they don't, then they'll be available to everyone, and you don't want that. You could also try adjusting the goblin entity entry so that they build their fortresses on swamps or marshes - this'll increase the chance of them having access to beak dogs (right now they only show up on mountains, which means they need to build a fort on a mountain which overlaps onto an evil swamp, which is rather unlikely).

You'll also need to give them PET_VALUE tags. The in-game value for trained animals is PET_VALUE+1, and (PET_VALUE/2)+1 for untrained animals.