Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How adventure mode modding reactions work?  (Read 825 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
How adventure mode modding reactions work?
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:44:32 pm »

So, the Wiki seems woefully blank on this fairly new topic. Formerly, you could only do dwarf mode reactions. Now I hear rumors of impressive adventure mode reactions. Yet, I cannot find much information about the details of how they work.

I suppose the issue needs to be added to the wiki (unless I just have not found it) at some point if this is to be a permanent game feature.

From what little I can gather, I know you need something like an "[Adventurer Enabled]" tag in the reaction. How does this work though?

Workshops?
Clearly, in Dwarf mode, all reactions take place in workshops (smelter by default). How then do they work in adventurer mode? Is a workshop required? If so, may a workshop be created?

Basically I was hoping that someone would use this space to explain the ins and outs of adventure mode reactions.

Perhaps it would be reasonable to create a wiki page or supplement the current mods/reaction page?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How adventure mode modding reactions work?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 08:30:31 pm »

No, a workshop is not required and is not allowed.
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED] is what you need.
There is no need to add to the entity files for [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED] reactions.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:28:24 am »

Also it requires no workshops, you just press "x".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:28:25 pm »

Wonderful information, thank you.

Should this be added to the wiki somewhere somehow?

It does seem like legit game information to me.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.