Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.6.1) - 0.31.21 Compliant  (Read 26972 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.1) - 0.31.17 Compliant
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2010, 09:00:35 am »

The vanilla devourer raws, yes, and that's the only error. I remember being a bit confused about it when I looked into it a while ago.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.1) - 0.31.17 Compliant
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 09:14:34 am »

Urgh, I've located the issue, and it's definitely an error on my part.
I can't really determine why it doesn't work, but I'd attempted to attach the tentacle teeth to the tentacle mouth... and for some reason the attack using the teeth has a fit, despite being formatted in exactly the right way.
It's fixed now.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.2) - 0.31.17 Compliant
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 02:25:13 pm »

I downloaded and took a peek at your files. Noticed a few things after a cursory glance.

Code: [Select]
[BODY:SNOUT]
    [BP:SNOUT:snout:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SMALL][CATEGORY:NOSE]
    [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20]

[BODY:SNOUT_NOSMELL]

Both of these have no smell. I'm assuming the smell token should be on the normal SNOUT.

[BODY:BASIC_HEAD_VBASE]
    [BP:HD:head:STP][CON:NECK]CONNECTOR[HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
    [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]

Is the CONNECTOR intentionally bracketless? Note that it makes no sense here, either way.

Toady uses [CONNECTOR] on all necks that have [CONTYPE:HEAD], that way they keep the head on as long as they are still intact, even if the head basically gets destroyed itself. Thus, NECK has CONNECTOR (yours lacks this in the legacy parts, you should probably add it there) as it's a UB->HEAD->NECK construct and the neck acts (and is named) as upper spine for the head, while 7HEADNECKS does not have Connector, since the Hydra has a UB->NK1-NK7-> HD1-7 construct. In this case, the neck connects the head to the body automatically, and no CONNECTOR tag is required.

Also, MULTIHEAD8 to MULTIHEAD12 all connect to MULTINECK7, instead of the correct ones.

In the attacks file, for [CREATURE_VARIATION:ATTACK_PUNCH_BACKHAND_SLAP], both the slap and the backhand are named BACKHAND, I don't know if double-assigning the same attackname leads to conflicts or not, since I've never done that yet, just mentioning this.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.2) - 0.31.17 Compliant
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 07:45:10 pm »

I downloaded and took a peek at your files. Noticed a few things after a cursory glance.

[BODY:SNOUT]

[BODY:SNOUT_NOSMELL]

Both of these have no smell. I'm assuming the smell token should be on the normal SNOUT.

[BODY:BASIC_HEAD_VBASE]
    [BP:HD:head:STP][CON:NECK]CONNECTOR[HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
    [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:300]

Is the CONNECTOR intentionally bracketless? Note that it makes no sense here, either way.

Toady uses [CONNECTOR] on all necks that have [CONTYPE:HEAD], that way they keep the head on as long as they are still intact, even if the head basically gets destroyed itself. Thus, NECK has CONNECTOR (yours lacks this in the legacy parts, you should probably add it there) as it's a UB->HEAD->NECK construct and the neck acts (and is named) as upper spine for the head, while 7HEADNECKS does not have Connector, since the Hydra has a UB->NK1-NK7-> HD1-7 construct. In this case, the neck connects the head to the body automatically, and no CONNECTOR tag is required.

Also, MULTIHEAD8 to MULTIHEAD12 all connect to MULTINECK7, instead of the correct ones.

In the attacks file, for [CREATURE_VARIATION:ATTACK_PUNCH_BACKHAND_SLAP], both the slap and the backhand are named BACKHAND, I don't know if double-assigning the same attackname leads to conflicts or not, since I've never done that yet, just mentioning this.

Man, amazingly spotted. All of that needs fixing, and I'll take care of that today.

Edit: Everything listed has been fixed, and the files have been reuploaded. Let me know if you find anything else.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:52:23 pm by Captain Mayday »

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.3) - 0.31.17 Compliant
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 09:24:01 pm »

I'm currently in the process of grabbing quite a few mods that do interesting stuff with creatures and their bodies, to see how different people do things.

I'm basically just skimming raw files at the moment, not doing anything in-depth.

If I spot anything else, I'll mention it, in any case. But I won't make any guarantees, not sure when I'll get to take a close look at everything in your raws. They're rather expansive, after all.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.3.1) - 0.31.17 Compliant
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 09:38:15 am »

V 1.3.1 released.
I feel a fool, after talking about removing the internal token from the vbase neck, I proceeded to leave that modification out of the file packaged. Here it is, fixed.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.3.1) - 0.31.17 Compliant
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2010, 07:53:17 am »

Current Development.
I've been working with Lofn a lot recently, and as a result the next release will bring more than just a trivial bugfix.
Two entirely new files:

c_variation_VBASE_material_modifiers contains a number of variation scripts to take bone, scales, skin, and chitin, and bump up their strength. Each of these comes in three levels of potency. Legendary Lands will come with additional variations intended to plug into these and allow use of chitin and scales as in Lofn's Wanderer's Mod.

c_variation_natural_skills contains a number of quick to apply skillsets, primarily intended for use with animals. It never seemed sensible to me that animals are completely useless at defending themselves, or taking down prey (ie. you). Now they should offer a nice bit of trouble for your efforts.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.41) - 0.31.18 Compliant
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2010, 03:27:54 pm »

1.41 release immediately following 1.4 release with new raws as listed above.

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2010, 11:45:07 pm »

i know its asking a lot, but would there be a way to automate the process of building creatures?  like have this database work though a program that will put choices that you make into a creature?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2010, 11:53:23 pm »

I suppose it could be possible. I wouldn't be the one to do it, although I certainly could provide assistance to anybody brave enough to try.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.5) - 0.31.18 Compliant
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2010, 07:04:58 am »

1.5 release details:
- gender specific body parts and creature variations (without getting overly detailed). This includes tissue creations via CV, body parts placed in body_VBASE_complete.txt, and BDP templates for applying tissues and positioning body parts. There are also some elements in the quick bodies section for easy deployment of these.
- pelvic bones. For some reason DF does not normally have them. Have added this to the CREATURE_VARIATION:BONES, so it'll deploy to everything that previously had a skull, spine, and ribs. I've also created CREATURE_VARIATION:BONES_NO_PELVIS for creatures like fish and snakes. I apologise if this creates undue work, but either way the addition of a pelvis was going to do this.
- minor tissue variation template additions and modifications. Notably, ADD_IVORY_TEETH has been shortened to ADD_IVORY, because that is what it does.
- minor corrections to various other elements.

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2010, 01:41:27 pm »

Hmm. Am I better off with the newest version of this, or with Legendary Lands?

EDIT:

The following is what I get in the errorlog when I start DF with Vbase installed

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:56:56 pm by Lancensis »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2010, 11:11:24 pm »

oop, I'll fix that.
Updating in a few minutes from now.

edit: fixed. This necessitated creating another tongue to be used with beaks, TONGUE_BEAK. This has already been added to the BIRD_ENTIRE variation and the bird face variation.

other errors caused by me forgetting to put CV_NEW_TAG in before the tags in the variations.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 11:26:01 pm by Captain Mayday »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.5.2) - 0.31.18 Compliant
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2010, 02:57:34 am »

release 1.5.2
minor issues with various odds and ends. Some more odd than end.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: VBASE - Modding standard (version 1.5.2) - 0.31.18 Compliant
« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 10:12:20 pm »

i'll use this on my meerkat manor mod
besides your work on legendary lands, are there any other animals created in this system?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6