Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177]

Author Topic: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"  (Read 213366 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts - On the Origins of "I Could Eat A Horse"
« Reply #2640 on: March 15, 2024, 04:02:44 am »

Through destruction we are remade; The Forge of Days understands this

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: March 27, 2024, 06:03:29 am »

Half a year now that I haven't recovered from blowing my nose too hard or wrong or whatever... :|
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 09:38:50 pm by dragdeler »
let

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: April 04, 2024, 09:32:29 pm »

Average he/she/they/it fan: :( :( :(

Average o enjoyer:

.  __
  / )))      _
 / イ     (((
(  ノ      ̄Y\
| (\   ∧_∧  | )
ヽ ヽ`(´・ω・)_/ノ/
 \ | ⌒Y⌒ / /
    \ヽ    |   ノ/
  \ トー仝ーイ /
   |  ミ土彡 |
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: April 05, 2024, 03:33:34 am »

There is efficiency and then there is... "big zero, present"

Strongest toki pona enthousiast.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 03:35:15 am by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: April 06, 2024, 11:58:35 am »

Average he/she/they/it fan: :( :( :(

Average o enjoyer:

.  __
  / )))      _
 / イ     (((
(  ノ      ̄Y\
| (\   ∧_∧  | )
ヽ ヽ`(´・ω・)_/ノ/
 \ | ⌒Y⌒ / /
    \ヽ    |   ノ/
  \ トー仝ーイ /
   |  ミ土彡 |

Turkish is nongendered I assume?
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: April 07, 2024, 04:53:43 pm »

someone should make a jewish mysticism themed restaurant

they'd bring out kabbalah nuggies arranged in a sefirot, it'd be great
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: April 08, 2024, 01:01:56 pm »

someone should make a jewish mysticism themed restaurant

they'd bring out kabbalah nuggies arranged in a sefirot, it'd be great

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: April 10, 2024, 07:49:54 pm »

For the first time in my life, I am going to decline a job offer.  On the plus side I have multiple from which to choose, but it still feels odd to be on the "decline" side.

Mostly because I was not looking for jobs of my own volition I guess - in all previous cases, I didn't "have" to search for a job, so never had (or needed) more than one on the table at a time.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: April 21, 2024, 06:16:27 am »

Terminal velocity 18km/h?

So living on titan feels allmost a bit like swimming... So what's really neat about this that I would expect those settlers to be absolutely ripped. We'd unironically be calling them titans in no time. Also weird to think about the economics of a world were carburant is plentiful, but the oxygen for combustion is precious and any oxygen and CO2 should be recycled. Dynasties built on hot air, my granddaddy breathed here being the equivalent of not under my roof, hehe titan is kind of humourous.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 06:22:30 am by dragdeler »
let

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: April 21, 2024, 07:16:54 am »

Terminal velocity 18km/h?

So living on titan feels allmost a bit like swimming... So what's really neat about this that I would expect those settlers to be absolutely ripped. We'd unironically be calling them titans in no time. Also weird to think about the economics of a world were carburant is plentiful, but the oxygen for combustion is precious and any oxygen and CO2 should be recycled. Dynasties built on hot air, my granddaddy breathed here being the equivalent of not under my roof, hehe titan is kind of humourous.
Fun fact: you could fly on Titan using just wings attached to your arms alongside muscle power. And a very good winter coat as the temperatures there are cryogenic, but details, details...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: April 21, 2024, 10:02:24 pm »

Could you do it in a full exosuit is the question. I would posit something as stupid as big wings on a motor that flap for you like that mechanical bird drone. Or just a quadcopter bike, similar to the bikes used by scuba divers. Or hydrogen balloons slightly too heavy to lift you and bounce around.

Oxygen and hydrogen wouldnt be a problem either; a large portion of the crust is water ice. Energy to melt and elecrolyze that water would be the bigger shortfall. No solar panels, wind generators might not collect much (tbh Ive heard nothing about the actual weather conditions on Titan. Does it ever experience storms? It must have weather patterns to have rivers of hydrocarbons flowing long enough to form drainage channels, because precipitation must be falling uphill and draining through them to create them. But how strong do the winds they get? How frequent?), very little electromagnetic field coming off Saturn (compared to the surface of Europa) so you cant just stick a metal pole up in the air. You'd have to run on nuclear isotope power. A hot isotope generator will be a problem if it starts melting the ground under it and sinking deeper and deeper until you run out of extension cord or it gets crushed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177]