Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 101550 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2019, 05:07:56 am »

*Scanlon shits in the temple and casts scry on the shit*

I can only imagine what the DM was thinking when Scanlan decided to do the shit scrying thing.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2019, 03:39:11 pm »

Brings a whole new level to Corpus Disease
Love, scriver~

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 21, 2019, 09:43:01 pm »

Just finished watching The Umbrella Academy, season 1.
This is a smart and dramatic show about a dysfunctional family of superpowers who struggle to save the world while simultaneously dealing with their own messed up lives. Definitely one I'd recommend.
Fair warning, first season ends in a cliffhanger. But season 2 has already been approved, so that's something to look forward to!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 25, 2019, 01:00:10 am »

Just finished watching Netflix's Maniac.
It was fascinating. What a ride. I'm not sure if I understood it fully but it certainly made me feel things. A variety of them.

Just finished this. There were definitely interesting parts...but also a lot of parts that just didn't do it for me. Overall I give it a B-.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 25, 2019, 04:57:57 am »

Everybody Hates Chris. Sitcom show loosely based on Chris Rock's childhood, with Terry Crews as the dad of the house and narration by Chris Rock himself.

It's not amazing, but it's good enough and it has a weirdly addictive quality. There's about four gags that they use in every single episode though, which gets tiring.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2019, 11:30:28 am »

There's about four gags that they use in every single episode though, which gets tiring.

Those types of running jokes might have worked better if you were watching it weekly rather than streaming episodes back to back. That probably goes for a lot of shows written before the advent of streaming.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2019, 05:22:48 am »

Started watching Doom Patrol expecting to get bored pretty quickly due to general superhero overload, but it turned out to be pretty fun. Fairly compelling characters, a lot of absurdism and quite good performances won me over. It's like a grittier Legends of Tomorrow, I guess, which I also continue to watch for its nice character dynamics and complete unwillingness to take itself seriously. Also reminds me of the Dirk Gently show, which was also good fun.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 28, 2019, 09:05:18 am »

The Magicians has kind of a lot of (implied) fucking. It has an especially lot of fucking for a channel that won't allow nudity, or the word fuck. And those two being the least child-friendly (or whomever) portions of the show.

Also, one episode with a magic bank heist.

Overall, pretty good, despite the thoroughly unpleasant subject matter about half the time.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2019, 10:15:52 am »

Started watching Doom Patrol expecting to get bored pretty quickly due to general superhero overload, but it turned out to be pretty fun. Fairly compelling characters, a lot of absurdism and quite good performances won me over. It's like a grittier Legends of Tomorrow, I guess, which I also continue to watch for its nice character dynamics and complete unwillingness to take itself seriously. Also reminds me of the Dirk Gently show, which was also good fun.

I just finished Doom Patrol the other day, I enjoyed the hell out of it.  The villian is so much fun.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2019, 07:05:25 am »

I just finished watching Good Omens.
The interaction between the angels was amusing, and the music was good. The rest of the characters were tedious and the arc resolutions at the end disappointing.
Overall it's still quite watchable...but nothing special.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 04, 2019, 09:26:39 am »

Finished Chernobyl.

Great little miniseries. Even though you basically know what happened by the final episode, the trial-based nature of the reveal, the "as it happened" scenes of the guys on the ground, the visual of the actual reactor exploding, all the high drama in the control room....made for a pretty intense episode. I enjoyed it enough I think I might watch all the way through again this weekend.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 04, 2019, 01:37:06 pm »

Finished Chernobyl.

Great little miniseries. Even though you basically know what happened by the final episode,

Why, what happened?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 04, 2019, 02:05:51 pm »

Finished Chernobyl.

Great little miniseries. Even though you basically know what happened by the final episode,

Why, what happened?

They were actually dead the whole time.

Unlike in Lost. *grumbles at people who paid no attention to the finale*
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67