Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 104314 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2017, 06:35:57 pm »

Iron Fist
The fourth and final Marvel miniseries leading up to The Defenders, and in my opinion the best. Likeable characters, and lots of twists I didn't see coming.

Curious to get a more in-depth opinion on this. I hear the action is... poor, and the editing worse. Can you confirm or refute??? Not to mention how dorky the main character looks.

The only editing I noticed was the 'Iron Fist' glowing hand effect, which may have been a bit cheesy but not terrible.
The action is...no worse than most other martial arts films/shows. If you're an experienced martial artist closely analyzing every fight scene, then no doubt you'll find plenty of things to nitpick. But I feel like the focus of the show is less about the fights, and more about the characters, their relationships and motives.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2017, 02:51:09 pm »

Sense8

I just finished watching season 2. The finale felt a bit rushed...but still, overall, amazing season. Even better than the first, which was outstanding imo. I very much hope the show gets a third.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2017, 08:38:34 pm »

The Leftovers

I just finished watching Season 3 Episode 7. Wow. Absolutely captivating.
There's 1 more episode to go. Whatever happens next, it's been an amazing ride.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2017, 11:59:16 pm »

Star Trek: Voyager. Just have a few more episodes left.

Also some of the anime Adult Swim shows on Saturdays. Attack on Titan, DBZ Super, Gundam Unicorn, etc.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 12:01:10 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2017, 08:29:28 pm »

Doctor Who - Season 10

It's generally been a very average season...not good or bad, just more of what we've come to expect.
Episode 11 though...wow. Shaping up to be another amazing finale.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2017, 06:19:41 pm »

Sadly, Sense8 was canceled after season 2. It had a pretty great 2 seasons though.
After overwhelming demand from fans for more, Netflix today green-lit a 2-hour finale to air in 2018! It's not the third season we hoped for, but it's a lot better than simply ending the show on a cliffhanger.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2017, 06:04:22 pm »

Doctor Who - Season 10

It's generally been a very average season...not good or bad, just more of what we've come to expect.
Episode 11 though...wow. Shaping up to be another amazing finale.
Heaven sent tho

Dayum 2 good 4 me

Most of the episodes I've found I've been glad to be able to skip mediocre scenes, the Doctor and Missy bouncing off one another however is fantastic

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2017, 10:25:59 am »

Killjoys season 3 is gooood.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2017, 10:52:57 am »

Hundred Year Inheritance

It's a Korean soap opera, and so far removed from my normal fare that it's like entering an entirely new world. I'm simultaneously awestruck at how this show is a thing, and yet I'm already deeply invested in whether the female lead will recover from her tragic amnesia (no, seriously, they invoked amnesia by episode 2), and if she's going to be okay after her evil mother-in-law ordered her a kiwi drink at a restaurant- knowing full well that the girl is allergic to kiwi, but will no longer remember due to her aforementioned amnesia.

It's an experience where part of my brain is zeroed in with complete attention, experiencing every massively overacted emotion, while the other part of my brain is just staring at me with a horrified expression that says 'Wait, wait, you're not actually enjoying this, are you?'
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2017, 03:46:34 pm »

Hundred Year Inheritance

It's a Korean soap opera, and so far removed from my normal fare that it's like entering an entirely new world. I'm simultaneously awestruck at how this show is a thing, and yet I'm already deeply invested in whether the female lead will recover from her tragic amnesia (no, seriously, they invoked amnesia by episode 2), and if she's going to be okay after her evil mother-in-law ordered her a kiwi drink at a restaurant- knowing full well that the girl is allergic to kiwi, but will no longer remember due to her aforementioned amnesia.

I predict some character that may/may not be smitten with the girl that has cottoned on to evil!stepmother's plans is going to appear and shout 'NOOOOO!' before knocking the drink from her hand.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2017, 04:04:29 pm »

Hundred Year Inheritance

I predict some character that may/may not be smitten with the girl that has cottoned on to evil!stepmother's plans is going to appear and shout 'NOOOOO!' before knocking the drink from her hand.

Oh no, she already drank it.

Currently, she's being rushed to the hospital by the male lead. He recently got back to Seol after a three year stint in America, during which he and his girlfriend were involved in a car accident on his birthday. His girlfriend at the time was tragically killed, and, as a result of the trauma, he lost his ability to taste. Because the birthday cake was in the car, and was tragically smushed in the accident, he experiences flashbacks when he sees cake, but this is a tangent. The reason her mother-in-law poisoned her was so that she would be rushed out in the arms of the male lead, so the photographer her mother-in-law hired could get pictures of female lead in male lead's arms, to give to mother-in-law's utter mama's boy son to convince him that his now-amnesiac wife was being unfaithful to him in order to sabotage their relationship because amnesiac girl doesn't come from a nearly nice enough family.

Iz great. And awful. And great.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 04:41:14 pm »

Currently, she's being rushed to the hospital by the male lead. He recently got back to Seol after a three year stint in America, during which he and his girlfriend were involved in a car accident on his birthday. His girlfriend at the time was tragically killed, and, as a result of the trauma, he lost his ability to taste. Because the birthday cake was in the car, and was tragically smushed in the accident, he experiences flashbacks when he sees cake, but this is a tangent. The reason her mother-in-law poisoned her was so that she would be rushed out in the arms of the male lead, so the photographer her mother-in-law hired could get pictures of female lead in male lead's arms, to give to mother-in-law's utter mama's boy son to convince him that his now-amnesiac wife was being unfaithful to him in order to sabotage their relationship because amnesiac girl doesn't come from a nearly nice enough family.

Iz great. And awful. And great.

You're giving me Coronation Street flashbacks now... ;_;

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2017, 07:43:01 am »

Oh man, I'm watching season 3 of Fargo.
I'd watched a couple of episodes a while back with friends, but hadn't taken them in so well. The other day I started over (since I'm staying with family who have Netflix, and the third season's certainly made it on there more quickly than the second) and have been pretty much binging it. I know I shouldn't, I know I should savour it, but it's just so bloody good. I think I might like it even more than the first season.

Only about three episodes left. Maybe I'll just watch 'em all, then maybe I can get stuck into all the racing I was planning to do on this trip. Oh man, this show just gets better and better.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2017, 08:23:11 am »

Dark Matter - Season 3
This show is holding up a lot better than I expected. It's got a real Star Trek vibe for me; not just because it's in space, but because each episode is it's own unique and enjoyable story arc with a satisfying beginning middle and end, all while fitting within larger series-long story arcs. A lot of it is cliché, like androids and time travel and alternate dimensions; but the diverse cast of characters, each with their own story, keep it interesting.

People of Earth - Season 2
This show really drags things out. The bumbling aliens have been on the brink of exposing themselves for one and a half seasons now, and our 'experiencers' still haven't gotten any proof of their existence. And yet I can't stop watching, in anticipation of that moment when it finally all comes out...

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2017, 01:40:06 pm »

Voltron Season 3!  Its been fun so far.  I've also been re-watching the original X-Men on Netflix.  :)

Here is my watchlist for things I'm going to watch soonish.

Rick and Morty
Little Witch Academia
Defenders
The Tick
Orville
Marvel's Inhumans
Star Trek Discovery
Punisher
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 67