Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 104245 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #600 on: May 26, 2021, 09:47:44 pm »

I've been watching StartUp for a week or two, I think it's kinda good.  It's about a weird triumvirate in Miami - a "banker"'s idealistic kid, a neurodivergent hacker, and a brilliant ganger who join forces to (keep mind this is fantasy) invent a cryptocurrency for the masses.  Parts of it remind me of San Andreas but the uniting theme is about actively defying stereotypes while utilizing (and working for!) one's unique community.
On Netflix
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 10, 2021, 10:04:38 pm »

I just saw Loki episode one. I am convinced that this is Marvel's white whale, I am not sure how this made it into production, and I doubt Disney-Marvel will ever produce something as good again. Obviously, only the first ep is out, so we will see how it develops, but like... just the core idea of the show, and it's execution is incredible. IMO, it also the best-looking piece of film/television I have ever seen.

12/10
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 07, 2021, 01:48:30 pm »

And 5 episodes later it's still going strong. Seriously, none of their earlier offerings managed to keep this level of interest or intrigue from me, even tho I'm kinda spoiled on what the most likely big bad is.

While I wasn't too hot about the other new Loki, they kinda grew on me over a few episodes and I honestly love the chemistry and dynamic the two Lokis have.

Plus the insane amount of fun little stuff they keep dropping in here and there, especially the latest episode was chock full of them (TV-8 says hi, as does Polybius). I'm kinda sad that it's 6 episodes only (tho it's understandable with the insane production value each episode has had) but it appears there's a second season coming as well, so there's that to look forward to (but that's also to be expected considering they have 1 episode left to resolve almost everything they've setup so far)

So yeah, Loki is damn good so far, with an interesting story and characters that I hope stick around for more than just the show (which is most likely going to happen if the rumors about the upcoming several movies are true)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 07, 2021, 03:43:10 pm »

I saw a comment in some quarantine thread, about one that I need to start watching...  The Night Manager.  2016.  Based on a Le Carre novel. Tom Hiddleston, Hugh Laurie.  Looks fantastic, and I'm amazed I never saw anything about it before.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 07, 2021, 05:51:08 pm »

I liked it a lot, do check it out!
Love, scriver~

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 07, 2021, 09:18:05 pm »

Loki definitely gets my vote for best Marvel live action series to date.

My only minor complaint is that the pacing is too fast. Every episode takes place in a completely new setting and circumstances. At this rate I fear the story will end far too soon, and with this material they easily could have stretched it out across several seasons.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 07, 2021, 11:25:38 pm »

Supposedly it's to let T Hiddles leave cuz he doesn't want to play Loki anymore; I think that the growing pressure over portraying a canonically queer character as ... I dunno what, but not especially queer, is a growing problem for Disney.

I'll be honest, I basically gave up on Marvel when he got fridged in the first couple minutes of the Infinity War/Endgame movie, hence not wanting to see the series about my favorite gremlin. I understand queer characters are not forthcoming and that doesn't really make it hurt less.

Will I watch it?

Apparently yes, if I get a month of Disney-Plus free.

EDIT: OK, I agree, it's good. I saw the first two episodes and it doesn't even have that Marvel smell.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2021, 02:07:14 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 08, 2021, 10:40:48 pm »

I finished binging Epix's War of the Worlds (2019) seasons one and two.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah...pretty stupid. And somehow this dreck got renewed for a third season, despite wrapping everything up at the end of the second season.
I cannot recommend this one.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 09, 2021, 07:01:17 am »

It would be interesting if the third season was the previous seasons but from the aliens’ perspective, it’s probably not gonna be that though, note, haven’t watched the show at all

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 09, 2021, 03:04:16 pm »

Star wars the clone wars.

Tbh: just like rebels, I think Filoni's take on Star Wars is surprisingly good
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 14, 2021, 07:56:04 am »

Right, just finished Loki, shit was great.

AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 14, 2021, 02:44:47 pm »

Right, just finished Loki, shit was great.

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 15, 2021, 02:15:28 pm »

Anyways, despite the several issues that've popped up on further analysis I still think this is by far some of the best stuff they've done to date, partly because almost none of their previous attempts (movie or otherwise) have left me with so many questions and a pretty strong desire to figure out the answers.
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: July 15, 2021, 05:18:14 pm »

Anyways, despite the several issues that've popped up on further analysis I still think this is by far some of the best stuff they've done to date, partly because almost none of their previous attempts (movie or otherwise) have left me with so many questions and a pretty strong desire to figure out the answers.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: July 15, 2021, 05:48:46 pm »

Feeling somewhat ambivalent about Loki honestly...
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 67