Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 104138 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #705 on: February 09, 2022, 04:50:43 am »

When Norse it's höhöhö
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 09, 2022, 09:19:37 am »

When Norse it's höhöhö
I went hahahaha
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2022, 12:53:16 am »

I was warned away from Inside Job but I finally saw the first episode tonight, and wow.  There's *no way* this holds up, and I mean that as praise.  I absolutely loved it.  It's no good for playing over a video game because the jokes (and references, which are like jokes) were hitting constantly and visually.  Like Disenchanted, I'll need to watch it when I'm not busy.  The rest of the show might be total crap but I want to share this episode with each of my parents, and that's rare.

It's a show starring the person I always wanted to be when I grew up, working with a very handsome himbo, and dedicated to a subculture (conspiracy shit) which I enjoy nerding over and laughing at.  It's almost too perfect.  Why was I warned away from this? /concerned
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 10, 2022, 04:20:34 am »

I didn't like the show personally, I can't remember but I think I watched a couple of episodes. I found the sidekick real irritating. Hooray for character whose superpower is white privilege, we have so many of those already.

I hope the show holds up for you and it turns out to just be a matter of different taste!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 10, 2022, 01:17:19 pm »

Watched the 2 seasons of netflix's Knightfall .
That's a serie that is inspired by the historical events and characters that lead into the fall of the Knights Templar order and "romance/fictionalize" it (i mean it does not even try to be accurate to the actual historical events and characters ) .

Was suprised by how much i liked it, because i had only read reviews that were basically painting a very mediocre show. Maybe it's because my expectations were then very low that i enjoyed it so much but i'm glad i gave that serie a try (i usually watch anything that is medieval themed anyways :D ) as i found it way better than the reviews told.

.. a very lot better to me than the terribly bad fan fiction the whole season 2 of Witcher turned to be.

There was a 3rd season supposed to happen but it was cancelled (it is not really a problem as the story is finished anyways in season 2).

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 10, 2022, 01:28:34 pm »

Goddamnit, Robsoie. It's 'a series'. It's a plural noun. There's no such thing as 'a serie'. You've been making the same mistake for years and my ocd can't take it no more.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 10, 2022, 01:45:01 pm »

Probably not having english as my language does not help as in my own it's not plural at all :D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 10, 2022, 02:30:38 pm »

You know that Il Palazzo is Polish right. Whatever your native tongue is, I can guarantee that his is more cursed.

(a long time ago, he gave me lessons, which is why I get to make that joke. Hi Pan Polak o/).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 10, 2022, 02:34:09 pm »

Dobry wieczór V.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 10, 2022, 07:49:25 pm »

You know that Il Palazzo is Polish right.
Honestly i don't keep track of anyone nationality on that board and i'm not really caring of their origins when discussing with people on bay12.
As long as i understand roughly what they're saying it's all what is mattering to my brain :)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 11, 2022, 03:49:20 am »

I've learned Palazzo's just because I thought for the longest time he was Italian because of the name and the reveal shocked it stuck in my head

In Swedish a singular series is a serie though :P
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 11, 2022, 11:09:35 am »

But what if you have widgets series 1000, widgets series 2000, and widgets series 3000, all of them feature s,m,l and ti models, and you want to refer to all the widgets 2000 l of the revision 2b?

In german we have the singular, it's kind of synonymous with edition.
let

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 01, 2022, 08:20:07 pm »

What

the

ALF

in Mr. Robot?

(Yes I watch shows way after they air).

EDIT: Ok so I thought I had seen surreal television before this episode.  I was wrong.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 08:22:16 pm by McTraveller »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 05, 2022, 10:47:12 pm »

Finished watching Elementary and it was highly entertaining.

It does do the fairly typical American thing of having far too many episodes to fit the story they tell, but even the stand-alone cases were oftentimes compelling enough to keep me interested and unable to predict who was doing what and why.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 06, 2022, 12:14:19 am »

EDIT: Ok so I thought I had seen surreal television before this episode.  I was wrong.
You want surreal television? Watch Legion it *Chef's kiss* is amazing.

Why is everything inside the room upside down as if the ceiling is the floor? I have no clue, and you have no clue, and maybe it will be explained at some point, except no it won't and nobody ever knows.
The second season especially is just strange to be strange*, and I love it.

*As opposed to the first and third seasons, which are strange but typically offer up at least a reason for the strangeness (eg. they are in a dream realm or someone is crazy or reality warping aliens are coming to devour everyone).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 67