Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 101412 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2017, 02:52:21 pm »

But it's nothing like GoT, unless the only qualifier you give GoT is "fantasy"

Duh ... that's as close as executives give a shit to think. They don't care if something is similar, they just care that they can make promos to get people to tune in based on the fact that it's a "magic thing" or a "space thing" based on whatever the last big hit was.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2017, 03:09:08 pm »

Stranger Things Season 2 just dropped!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2017, 03:37:37 pm »

What? Why would they do that? Wasn't the first season widely successful?
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2017, 04:17:17 pm »

What? Why would they do that? Wasn't the first season widely successful?

And that's why you're getting a Season 2, whether it needed it or not.

I've heard mixed, spoiler free reviews. No one says it's bad. But some do question what came first: the narrative arc or the imperative for a sequel. It's being said there's at least one clunker episode, and the overall plot of the season doesn't always feel like it holds together.

But it's said the characters are still well done and the show appears to be tilting harder toward horror than season 1 did. Still excited to watch it, I'll withhold judgment until I do.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:25:28 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2017, 04:45:25 pm »

Oh, it dropped. I read that as it had been dropped. As in from production.
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2017, 03:33:19 pm »

Finished binging Stranger Things 2 last night.

It's not quite as good as the original, but only because there a few episodes mid-season where the plot becomes a little unfocused. Otherwise, it's the "Aliens" to the original's "Alien". The tone is different. There's more of a lovecraftian thing going on. Which is solid, but less alien than it should have been. One guy's heavily telegraphed death is just disappointing. Not only was he obviously going to die, they really hit you over the head with it when they did NOT need to. Another new character isn't in it as much as he could have been. Also they were a little afraid to explore new locations in Hawkins. And yes there are some inconsistencies in world building details, but nothing that totally ruins your immersion.

All in all though, it was a great season and worthy sequel to the original. And that's kind of what it is. Don't take it as a continuation of the original, but a sequel to it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2017, 08:00:30 am »

Simultaneously watching multiple seasons of Pokemon on the official website. The Kanto(season 1), Hoenn(6), Sinnoh(10), and Unova(14) regions recently restarted, and Johto(3) will soon.
The selection changes every few days, so it's a bit overwhelming to keep up. On the plus side, I get coins to spend for use on my avatar and the online card game.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2017, 02:12:27 pm »

Anyone catch Mindhunter?

Fairly recent show, think it's based on a book which was based on real events? I'm not sure, either way, it follows some FBI agents during the 60s-70s as they try a new approach to crime. Mainly using psychological profiling of serial killers to better understand their motivations and potential tell-tale signs that could help in their capture.

It's a fairly slow burning show that's pretty nicely shot and the interview sequences with these monsters are some chilling stuff as far as writing and actor performances go. Ends a bit wierdly and it's clear they're planning on a second season, but even so, could've have had a bit more of an ending.

Either way, if you like psychological drama and police procedurals this is a pretty good show that you might like.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2017, 07:17:15 pm »

Over the past few days whilst visiting family I have re-watched the first three seasons of BoJack Horseman and yesterday, much to my excitement, I finally reached the new season.

Watched just the first episode and now, despite really probably needing sleep and stuff, I'm about to watch the second one.
So far it seems to live up to the show's incredibly high standard. Have I mentioned how much I love this show? Because I really, really love this show.

I thought I liked Stranger Things when I got around to watching it and became briefly obsessed, but it proved ultimately forgettable. BoJack, on the other hand, sticks around.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2017, 08:53:09 pm »

Season 2 of Dirk Gently started out a bit slow, but it's been ramping up and tonight finally got really interesting.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2017, 08:38:21 am »

How did I not know there is a Dirk Gently show... or more accurately, I think I remember hearing there was one, but forgetting about it until now.

I fear two things though: it's not available to me or it doesn't include enough deities turned into vending machines.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2017, 08:59:25 am »

I watched the first season, and it's not the story of the books, it's a continuation.

Dirk is now in America, and he mentions the events of the books once in passing. That, and his name, are the only two things actually connecting the series to the books.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2017, 09:17:41 am »

I can't hear the name Dirk without thinking of Dirk Diggler.
Love, scriver~

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2017, 02:41:36 pm »

Season 2 of Dirk Gently started out a bit slow, but it's been ramping up and tonight finally got really interesting.

Season 2!?!?!?!?!

Well I know what I'm watching next. :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2017, 03:03:17 pm »

I've been watching Bojack Horseman recently.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 66