Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 101487 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 08:32:49 am »

Robot Chicken, even though the lack of a new season is starting to wear thin.
Metalacolypse, same story, although I forgive them in the name of METAL. For now.
Venture Bros, same.

Breaking Bad, for sure.
Wipeout, my guilty pleasure.

Daily Show and Colbert Report, when I remember to turn on the TV during their hours.

Whatever Nat Geo has on. It's my standard background noise channel, except when Casear Milan is on.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:56:05 pm »

Just got rid of the cable and netflix  ;D

But:

lol wipeout, I watch the webcast with my wife and we love it

Will watch Ninja Warrior when it is on the web aka: in season

Bones..it kind of sucks after season 2 but, we are still watching it online

Colbert Report on the web

thats about it so far
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 10:03:17 pm »

6 year necro-bump woo!

Recently binged the 7 currently aired episodes of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, and it is now a strong contender against Westworld as my favorite active show. It has a sort of Dr Who vibe, what with the constant jumping from one crazy thing to the next with utter disregard for the consequences, and in the end all things are connected. Also time machines and confused companions, and mysterious cults and insane arch-nemeses. It's hard to say much more without spoilers...but I highly recommend this show, even though the first season hasn't finished yet.

Just how many different sets of guys are in this thing anyway?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 03:11:37 am »

People of Earth

I was initially skeptical of this show, expecting it to be a poorly-made low-budget alien abduction show that tried to be serious but failed to get the audience invested enough to succeed in any sense.

I was delighted to find that it's actually a light-hearted spoof of those shows. The aliens are not mysterious and spooky/scary, instead they're just like normal guys hanging out and casually abducting people because it's their job, while the humans are just confused enough to create a bit of light drama and keep me invested in their journey.
Nothing about the show stands out in any noteworthy sense, but it keeps me entertained for 30 minutes each week and is definitely a worthwhile filler between other shows.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 05:50:13 am »

Sense8 Christmas Special
It's been way too long since season 1. This special however reminded me of why I loved this show, and I'm once again looking forward to season 2.

Doctor Who Christmas Special
Less sappy compared to previous holiday specials. It didn't do much to move the plot along...but as fillers go, it was pretty entertaining.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 12:34:03 am »

6 year necro-bump woo!

Recently binged the 7 currently aired episodes of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, and it is now a strong contender against Westworld as my favorite active show. It has a sort of Dr Who vibe, what with the constant jumping from one crazy thing to the next with utter disregard for the consequences, and in the end all things are connected. Also time machines and confused companions, and mysterious cults and insane arch-nemeses. It's hard to say much more without spoilers...but I highly recommend this show, even though the first season hasn't finished yet.

Just how many different sets of guys are in this thing anyway?
THEY MADE A TV SHOW OF THAT?!  WHERE?!?!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 02:36:01 pm »

Beyond

This show strongly reminds me of Stranger Things. 80's kid, affected by phenomena from a mysterious alternate dimension, now being hounded by shady government organization. I'm 5 episodes in so far and very much enjoying it.

Edit: Just finished episode 7. Wow. They really turned things up a notch. 3 more episodes to go...
Edit2: I finished binge-watching the first season.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lots of loose ends that should make the second season even more awesome than the first, assuming it gets renewed. I'm optimistic for renewal because the first season was great.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:37:29 pm by Folly »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2017, 02:40:06 pm »

I've kind of gone off of TV shows completely.

I watched Breaking Bad and Metalocalypse, and they both eventually stopped. I watched Game of Thrones and got bored when it shifted from soft fantasy, political intrigue, and planning to "WOOOHOOOAAAH DRAGONS!". I watched Dexter to the end, despite its massive fluctuations in quality, and so on. Now I have nothing to watch  :'(
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2017, 02:41:33 pm »

They made two tv series of Dirk Gentle. The most recent one is by Max Landis, and I fucking loved it.

Watched all that, and West World. I also watched all of Mob Pycho 100. I've been enjoying Last Man on earth, Speechless, Archer. I watched the first season of the new Voltron. That was pretty good. I'll be trying to watch Thunderbirds are Go.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2017, 02:46:51 pm »

I've kind of gone off of TV shows completely.

I watched Breaking Bad and Metalocalypse, and they both eventually stopped. I watched Game of Thrones and got bored when it shifted from soft fantasy, political intrigue, and planning to "WOOOHOOOAAAH DRAGONS!". I watched Dexter to the end, despite its massive fluctuations in quality, and so on. Now I have nothing to watch  :'(
But WOOAHH WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?

I had the rare privilege of listening to one of the actresses talking about their life career and they talked briefly on their stint with GOT, and they remarked that they felt the producers did not have a coherent idea and the show was one made by a committee of 20 people. It shows, it really does, muh snek plots everywhere

The Young Pope is bretty good. Really surprised me, the soundtrack to it is fantastic and the premise is great, basically what would happen if the cardinals elected an enlightenment era firebrand mystery atheist Pope into power.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2017, 02:57:18 pm »

Recently watched a marathon of Voyager that was on BBC for new years. I'd forgotten just how many compelling characters and interconnected story lines were in that show. Sadly they only showed the first two seasons. Never even got to 7/9. I'm sorely tempted to stream the rest of it...but I've got too many other shows to watch right now.

Sherlock, season 4.
Just how long are they going to keep taunting us with Moriarty's revival that never comes? >_<
Otherwise, the first episode of the new season was decent. I would have preferred a bit more mystery and less action/adventure, but it was entertaining just the same, and I'm looking forward to the next episodes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 03:09:51 pm by Folly »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »

The Mythbusters Mega Marathon that was?  Is?  on Science Channel.  Also they're starting a search for a new team of Mythbusters.  Which is pretty awesome.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2017, 05:44:55 pm »

Rewatching the fifth season of Firefly. It's okay, but not as good as the first three. Thankfully it things picked back up from the seventh season on, and some of the new season are really gorram great.

He said from some beautiful alternate universe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2017, 05:59:58 pm »

Rewatching the fifth season of Firefly. It's okay, but not as good as the first three. Thankfully it things picked back up from the seventh season on, and some of the new season are really gorram great.

He said from some beautiful alternate universe.
you cruel bastard  :'(

The only thing I really watch on TV these days is Tiny House Hunters. It's like House Hunters (a show that follows people as they, well, hunt for a house), except that it focuses exclusively on people interested in very small, sometimes mobile properties. There are the expected RVs, but there are also nifty little mountain cottages and houseboats and other unusual places to live. It's pretty lame as far as entertainment goes but I enjoy the sorta-sightseeing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 67