Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67

Author Topic: what tv shows are you currently watching?  (Read 101500 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: what tv shows are you currently watching?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 11:22:11 am »

Just finished watching the Young Pope and wow... This is the best picture I've ever seen, the only one I've seen that beat The Three Kingdoms on my list. I may conduct a full review because I believe it's worth it, I still find it no less amusing that at a first glance I thought the show was all crap flair with no substance.

My first impression was that this was House of Cards in the Vatican City, goodness how I was wrong. This picture is so unsettling, so intimate, good, politically explosive, beautifully shot, it lives in the gothic sublime of Italy and it feels it, understands it. Very rarely have I ever found a picture that demands my attention, that isn't just a distraction I can keep in the background whilst doing something else - this is a great example of a picture that needs your full captive focus. Definitely a show that should not be binge watched, every episode so dramatically alters your view on the picture that a week should be allowed to stew the meanings... Dank/10

Obligatory President of Greenland dancing
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:00:02 pm by Loud Whispers »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 02:46:21 pm »

Sherlock s4e2
Wow. Much more interesting than the previous episode. Just when I thought I was finally starting to see through the facade and solve at least a few of the mysteries before the reveal, everything turned out to be something else and then the cliffhanger. Brilliant.

Son of Zorn
I'm surprised that this show turned out to be so consistently entertaining and amusing, despite the underwhelming premise. Now I feel the urge to draw a picture of Aquafina and Dasani...

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
They took some risks with the first episode of the new season, making it both a musical and racial,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. I feel like it paid off. Looking forward to the rest of the new season.

Vikings

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 05:44:47 pm »

On my current watchlist:

- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
- Justice League Action
- Steven Universe
- Agents of Shield
- One Piece
- Archer
- Star Trek Enterprise(which I've been slacking on finishing).

Probably will start up the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon and Little Witch Academia soon.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 09:54:56 pm »

Warehouse 13 is cool, it's like SCP but a TV show.

Holy Armok Retro is back - damn you, necromancer.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2017, 06:09:32 am »

Trying to get myself to finish Preacher and Westworld. I followed both avidly while they were airing and then for one reason or another I had to skip a week after which I just couldn't get myself to catch up, so now I have about 7-8 episodes out of each season and can't bring myself to finish them properly.

Also stuck halfway trough the third season of Black Mirror, it's still damn good and terrifying like it should be, I just don't feel like shitting on the technological potential of the human race right now.

So you could say I'm in some sort of TV show limbo with a bunch of stuff there, but none really being watched :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 11:25:26 am »

omg, sooooo many good shows with new episodes this week. I'm still working my way through a very long backlog, but here's just a few...

Flash
The cringe-worthy science and underwhelming relationships continue. That aside however, the show remains entertaining, at least as much as the previous seasons.

The Magicians
First episode of the new season is definitely a step down in the plot-twists and drama from the last season finale. But it did a good job of setting up the story arcs for the new season, and I'm definitely looking forward to watching more.

Supergirl
They are drawing out the whole awkward lesbian thing way too much. Also, that was easily the most pathetically guarded slave-castle ever. Overall though, enjoyable return to a decent series.

The Mick
Micky acts pretty much exactly like Dee from Always Sunny, yet somehow I like her so much better in this show. It's a fairly amusing comedy.

Workaholics
I'm sad this is their final season. It's been a good run, and they're going out with another good season so far.

Emerald City
It's a fairly interesting reboot of Wizard of Oz. Of course, so were all of the others, and they all got cancelled prematurely. Hopefully this one will last longer.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 06:12:34 pm »

Friends and I have been re-watching The Wire and re-watching True Detective (one friend hasn't seen it).
I'm also several episodes into Bored To Death, which is pretty great, although the last couple of episodes may have been a bit hit-and-miss from what I remember. Not sure why I never got into the show before, I know I saw the first episode ages ago. I would also be watching Always Sunny, but unfortunately in the household copy of it the last several episodes have been glitching and skipping a lot, so I'll have to acquire a new one.

Will I ever get up-to-date with this show?! Arrgh!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2017, 08:00:12 am »

Just started watching Frontier on Netflix.
It's... pretty good probably.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2017, 11:16:32 am »

I just started watching the Santa Clarita Diet on netflix. It's a new horror comedy with Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphaunt. I don't usually laugh out loud when I watch comedies, even when I find them funny, but this one did have me laughing at certain points in the show. I've watched three episodes so far, it seems pretty good.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 04:59:51 pm »

Legion
It's like X-Men and Mr.Robot had a baby, and it's awesome, so far. Only one episode aired as of this posting, but I'm definitely optimistic going forward.

The Expanse
Season 2 started recently. The show is basicaly 'Alien', if it were drawn out with lots of filler and just barely interesting. Still, barely interesting is enough to keep me watching, at least when I have nothing else new to watch.

The 100
Season 4 recently started. A major story arc ended with the previous season, and the new story arc they branched into with this season is decisively less interesting. Also they killed off some of the most interesting characters, so the future of this show doesn't look great.

The Path
We're a few episodes into Season 2 now, and the story seems to be quickly shifting from controversial religion to monetary and familial problems. I'm kinda 'meh' at this point.

Black Sails
Final season. So far, it's more of the same thing we've come to expect in previous seasons. Long monologues broken up by occasional acts of cruel violence.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »

SuperMansion

I meant to start watching this sooner but kept getting distracted, so I've just now seen the first episode. Honestly the whole thing was hilarious. Bonus points for topless catgirl jumping on a bed. Can't wait to watch more!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2017, 06:40:59 pm »

Iron Fist
The fourth and final Marvel miniseries leading up to The Defenders, and in my opinion the best. Likeable characters, and lots of twists I didn't see coming.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2017, 10:57:58 am »

Iron Fist
The fourth and final Marvel miniseries leading up to The Defenders, and in my opinion the best. Likeable characters, and lots of twists I didn't see coming.

Curious to get a more in-depth opinion on this. I hear the action is... poor, and the editing worse. Can you confirm or refute??? Not to mention how dorky the main character looks.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2017, 04:29:16 pm »

I'm really enjoying Iron Fist too, its been fun. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2017, 04:38:15 pm »

I completely missed that being a thing, tho I haven't been following many recent shows tbh.

Still, don't think I'll get around to watching it anytime soon seeing how much shit I queued up, among other things Always Sunny (but like, properly and from the start instead of the random hodgepodge of episodes and seasons I caught on TV), Last Man On Earth (pretty ok, if a bit too god damn cringy at times, the awkwardness is just oozing from certain scenes), then in a slightly similar vein You, Me and the Apocalypse, which only has one season (which is both fortunate and a bummer at the same time). Then there's the animated stuff like finally getting around to seeing Legend of Korra (holy shit four seasons already)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67