Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

require confirmation before embarking

(1/1)

Solara:
This happens to me constantly. I'll be in the middle of buying supplies, and I'll start typing 'meat' or 'ale' or whatever just a little too quickly, only to realize that I've accidentally sent all my dwarves off only half-prepared with the 'e' key and have to abandon the new fortress and start all over again. It's really annoying, and a simple 'Are you SURE you're ready to set off?' message would save me a lot of time and frustration.[ September 21, 2006: Message edited by: Solara ]

Mad Jackal:
quote:Originally posted by Solara:
<STRONG>This happens to me constantly. I'll be in the middle of buying supplies, and I'll start typing 'meat' or 'ale' or whatever just a little too quickly, only to realize that I've accidentally sent all my dwarves off only half-prepared with the 'e' key and have to abandon the new fortress and start all over again. It's really annoying, and a simple 'Are you SURE you're ready to set off?' message would save me a lot of time and frustration.[ September 21, 2006: Message edited by: Solara ]</STRONG>I only did that myself about 4 times yesterday.  :D  It is annoying when I do it, but the funniest had to have been when my 6 month old sitting in my lap swatted the "e" key appently this morning.

Mud:
Maybe just switch the embark command to a capital E instead of lowercase? I don't see much reason you'll be pressing shift during preparation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version