Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Show off your most badass dwarfs killcount!  (Read 4996 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Show off your most badass dwarfs killcount!
« on: July 26, 2010, 06:07:34 pm »

Like the title says, let's see those dwarven corpse dispensers! Nothing more dwarven then showing off your display of violence towards the enemies of the dwarves!

I'll start, here's my favorite. He's only getting started to, no injuries as of yet and just upgraded to masterwork equipment.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
Re: Show off your most badass dwarfs killcount!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 12:37:31 am »

I'll bite.

Here is one of four Axedwarves in the Prison Fortress of Shieldwall.
She took joy in slaughter lately.
Yes, her first kill was an elf.

DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:42:05 am »

I'll bite.

Here is one of four Axedwarves in the Prison Fortress of Shieldwall.
She took joy in slaughter lately.
Yes, her first kill was an elf.
what's the story behind the fourty year gap between kills 2 and 3?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 01:55:03 am »

I think the most publicised kills goes to Morul.
On 27th Opal, 263, Morul has finally completed his quest and is now legendary in 71 different skills. His experience tops 2,000,000 after 63 years of working toward the goal. 1903 notable kills and 1590 other kills. Morul constructed the armor he is currently wearing, all masterwork adamantine as well as 4 other full sets and 5 masterwork adamantine weapons of each type.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 02:04:19 am »

what's the story behind the fourty year gap between kills 2 and 3?

Invaders were turned on in 1100. =X!
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

The Yellow Peril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 04:36:34 am »

Wow, and here was me feeling proud that my unarmoured legendary wrestler managed to rack up 5 gobin kills...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 07:55:23 pm »

I think the most publicised kills goes to Morul.
On 27th Opal, 263, Morul has finally completed his quest and is now legendary in 71 different skills. His experience tops 2,000,000 after 63 years of working toward the goal. 1903 notable kills and 1590 other kills. Morul constructed the armor he is currently wearing, all masterwork adamantine as well as 4 other full sets and 5 masterwork adamantine weapons of each type.

Or perhaps Tholtig for kills of sentients:

One is a cyclops. The rest are elves.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 08:14:33 pm »

Every time a dwarf has gone towards the 40-mark of noteable kills, some random bolt has dropped them...  :(
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

nervousmigrants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 12:24:03 pm »

One of my dwarves killed seven demons and part of a goblin siege at the same time before the game crashed.  He was legendary in three different fighting skills from killing 2 forgotten beasts before that.
GENERATION ALEPH-NULL:  The first time you see this on any forum, go troll someone with your signature.  Social experiment.

A-chana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 03:43:49 pm »

These are all 40d dwarves. I present the top three Champions of Cogmeng, "Bootlashes". Plus a miner and a war dog.

None of them are anything like Tholtig or Morul, and there were lots of Champions with titles in that fort, but dang it, these guys were all awesome in their own ways.

My DF2010 fort is too new to have any huge badasses. There's a miner founder who was one of three dwarves to survive and not be disabled after a giant olm attacked, and even then she lost a hand, fought the olm until it ripped open her body, and had the stub on her arm healed up by the time she finally went in for treatment. She's battled through infections several times without soap, and she's also a legendary miner. However, she has no kills to her name. Not even any animals.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:48:02 pm by A-chana »

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 07:22:00 pm »

Well if we're gonna go back to 40d...

My eldest crossbowdwarf in my oldest fort, who wielded an artifact crossbow for decades and, with 236 notable kills, is the deadliest single dwarf in the fortress:

But even though he's technically the deadliest dwarf, Asob isn't the most feared.  That honor goes to Zuglar, not so much because of his kills (he only has 90), but because of his long-time-mayor wife and his 13 champion children:

My most badass .31 dwarf isn't as impressive as the one in the OP, but she's killed tons of zombies and a forgotten beast.  Her gear includes an artifact adamantium axe, mail shirt, and buckler, the last of which has a picture of her god laughing while surrounded by dwarves:

On the other hand, she may not be the most badass dwarf in that particular fortress.  Her competition is a hammerdwarf whose kill screen only has one entry, a forgotten beast.  Said forgotten beast happened to have incredibly poisonous blood, however, and as a result every creature the hammerdwarf fights drops dead after two or three hits.  Apparently dwarves who get kills via poison don't get credit for it, but I'm sure his "unofficial" kill count is at least comparable to Udib's.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:29:57 pm by nil »

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 07:34:24 pm »

Said forgotten beast happened to have incredibly poisonous blood, however, and as a result every creature the hammerdwarf fights drops dead after two or three hits.

That is the single best thing ever.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 09:06:35 am »

Nice I like some of the dwarven carnage in here.
Also yeah, I don't think anyone will ever be as badass as Morul. I didn't know about him so I had a read through on the thread, amazing  :o

Also like the hamerdwarf wielding a mace with poisonous blood on it, vicious.

Anyway I little update on Sarvesh' doing

Note  that last dwarf kill.
I had this siege going on and the dwarf in the list was no one else then the leader of the goblin civilisation. Through the heat of battle Sarvesh rushed forward away from the group, went in a martial trance as he dodged an entire squad mounted on giant toads and bats, artfully dodging a hail of arrows as he rushes to the general and decapicates her in one fel swoop.
All the while he has yet to sustain even a bruise.  :P