Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Children waterfall  (Read 16681 times)

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Children waterfall
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 05:32:17 pm »

How are you going to keep the mothers in place while the babies are swept away?
If the mother is in a cage, is the kitten born in the same cage?
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 06:30:32 pm »

How are you going to keep the mothers in place while the babies are swept away?
If the mother is in a cage, is the kitten born in the same cage?
Yes, although a dwarf will likely come along to release the kitten, since it's not assigned to the cage by default.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 08:31:22 pm »

O.o

It's threads like these that make me wonder if The Great Toad wasn't sure what would happen to the world after he made this.

In other news, I do believe we have found a way to automatically dispose of kittens. Build a two walls 5z high, build ramps up to it, chain the female cat to one, and deconstruct the other wall. That would give Toady a good reason to implement blood mist, to go with magma mist, and mist.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 09:34:00 pm »

O.o

It's threads like these that make me wonder if The Great Toad wasn't sure what would happen to the world after he made this.

In other news, I do believe we have found a way to automatically dispose of kittens. Build a two walls 5z high, build ramps up to it, chain the female cat to one, and deconstruct the other wall. That would give Toady a good reason to implement blood mist, to go with magma mist, and mist.
I could see it now.  A newborn kitten splats, a dwarf walks through the mist, "Urist McDwarfyDwarf was comforted by a waterfall recently."
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 09:36:46 pm »

O.o

I could see it now.  A newborn kitten splats, a dwarf walks through the mist, "Urist McDwarfyDwarf was comforted by a waterfall BLOODFALL recently."
Fix'd that for ya.

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 02:18:32 am »

Your soldiers would be completely ununhappiable.

Urist McSonOfHolisticDetective is ecstatic. He took joy in slaughter recently. He witnessed death recently. He admired a fine Trade Depot lately. He enjoyed a session of sparring recently. He was comforted by a bloodfall recently.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 02:25:38 am »

It gives +1000 to moods, along with being "freed" and creating an artifact. :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]