Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Filter Units menu

(1/2) > >>

jRaskell:
I think it would be really useful to be able to filter the Units menu in the following ways.Filter to show only selected primary profession.Filter to show units with a specific job enabled or disabled.Examples: Show only peasants.  Show only farmers.  Show all dwarves with Butchery enabled or disabled.Would really reduce the amount of time I spend managing what my dwarves will and won't do.

Oolon:
Along these same lines, it'd be nice to be able to select several specific units and adjust all of their labor preferences at once.  Winter ends and now I want my farmers to do nothing but Farming (Fields) and Food Hauling.  Then in winter, I can set them all to Stone Hauling or whatever as I continue to expand.  Similar to what the Manager does for mass item construction, have a system for who does what.Mainly, group functionality would be a great addition to gameplay, especially when you have more than twenty dwarves (which usually happens within a year).  A way to have mass labor preferences to make it less tedious ... I drool thinking about how much more fun it'd be to manage a huge fortress.  Even a master table, setup like the [m-w] screen would be great, and just go through with the cursor and toggle things on and off by a code letter.  Just so we don't have to repeatedly scroll through the list of cryptic and duplicated Dwarf names to adjust several labor preferences one at a time.But I'm sure someone's thought of this already, so I digress.

fnwc:
Actually I would be happy with the filtering that is currently implemented in the choosing of items in the preparation mode of your journey.The two screens that could really use it would be the units screen, the trade depot haul screen and the trading screen.Personally, it would be great if every list in the game had a key of '.' that entered filtering mode like that, it would make looking for things way easier.

Funkadelic Jive Turkey:
Not quite on topic, but I'd also really appreciate if the dead had a seperate unit list. It's really annoying scrolling through 90 dead foxes and hundreds of goblins. Maybe a seperate list for livestock too?

4bh0r53n:
or the ability to disable it showing the dead or animals...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version