Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 283

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron(Planepacked)  (Read 240626 times)

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
Shores of Hazeron(Planepacked)
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:57:55 pm »

Hey there pepole

Anyway i'l write up a better front post tomorrow.
Shores of Hazeron is an ambitious and revolutionary game of science fiction adventure, intrigue, and war.

We took a new approach. No off-the-shelf 3D engine was used. We devoted years to developing entirely new methods and techniques. The result is the biggest most realistic and usable science fiction galaxy that has ever been attempted.

Are you tired of the air tight movie sets of contemporary 3D games? There are no places that are off-limits in Hazeron. Pick a direction and start to walk or swim or fly a riding beast or ride a dirt bike. At best you'll circle the globe and return to your starting point; more likely something will kill you and eat you along the way.

Have you ever wanted to play a game with no boundaries? There are no boundaries in Hazeron. Pick a nearby star in the sky and go there. Explore its planets and moons. Build cities and defenses. Expand your empire and prepare to meet the enemy.

Do you want to discover strange new worlds, beam down and see what's there? There are millions of worlds and trillions of plants and quadrillions of creatures in Hazeron that no person has ever seen, not even us. That's not a worn out movie set down below; it's a dense jungle on the coast of a continent; something lives there.

Have you dreamed about the starship you would drive? The Enterprise? Nostromo? The Millennium Falcon? A Death Star? Perhaps the Battlestar Galactica? Maybe a Borg cube is more your style? In Hazeron you design your own deck plans and lay out the systems of your spacecraft, balancing performance against capability, mass against force. Then you manufacture them and climb aboard.

Can you get together online with some friends to crew a starship for space battles? Prepare to engage the enemy first-hand. Shields up, 80% to front! Sensors on! Lock-on weapon bays and FIRE!

Would you play a massively multi player strategic space war game? This is a real game, the kind that can be won and lost. You develop an empire and interact with other players. Your empire can expand and win or be crushed out of existence. There are no safe areas, not even for us. Come on! Take us on in our own universe!

Shores of Hazeron is growing. The foundation of phase one is complete. We are entering the final stages of phase one. More and more of our efforts will now be directed toward graphical beauty, stability, and performance. Like a plant that germinated more than ten years ago, Shores of Hazeron is about to bloom.

Expansion into the galactic frontier has begun. The stage is set for phase two. Welcome aboard!

Eg is quite awesome.

I have started a empire by the name of "Planepacked" sadly there is a bug stopping people from joining empires currently.

Latest report from our capitol : http://pastebin.org/423838
Latest Screenshot off our Capitol :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(A bit old tho)

Edit:
We need names for cities,planets and such so suggest them here.
More to come.
Link to the Coalition http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=62822
http://www.shoresofhazeron.com/
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:23:24 pm by head »
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron(Planepacked)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:12:34 pm »

Good god nerdgasm

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:18:26 pm »

Some possible names for whatever...
  • Nist Akath
  • Boatmurdered
  • The Twelfth Bay
  • Copperblazes
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:18:49 pm »

I must enquyre how muche of this gayme has actuallie beene implemented.  It is too complex for mine eyes to comprehende.

On second thought, I'm not going to do that outside of the happy thread.  How much of all that awesome stuff is actually implemented?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:24:32 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:26:27 pm »

I must enquyre how muche of this gayme has actuallie beene implemented.  It is too complex for mine eyes to comprehende.

On second thought, I'm not going to do that outside of the happy thread.  How much of all that awesome stuff is actually implemented?

Pretty much all in the manual.

Hell if i had the resources and the technology i could make a rocket ship blast of the moon and take a dump.

But we dont.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 10:33:48 pm »

So this is a sandbox MMO of some kind?

Is it free?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 10:34:59 pm »

Yes. It says the servers are down right now, so sadly I cannot login. You can make an account though

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 10:45:41 pm »

It sounds interesting. In what ways would i be able to help out your town? is there a way to find it?

I could probably find the answers to these questions if i just went to the website actually... hmmm. I'll be sure to check it out though.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 11:04:00 pm »

Good god nerdgasm
or very nearly

This looks sounds awesome. Graphics aren't overly pretty but wth, we all play DF.

Shame the server's down atm... I'd love to try this!

EDIT: hmmm... signed up (no confirmation e-mail? really? ... ok...), no mention of a 64-bit Windows version... 32-bit should work...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:16:13 pm by SolarShado »
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 11:33:38 pm »

If it can't run on 64 bit then I can't play..

Also, what's the flag for 'Planepacked" ? is the only way for me to play is to create my own empire? I can't join you?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 12:00:09 am »

How much does this cost/does it have premium accounts?

Because this is pure awesome.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 12:10:58 am »

:O

UNF

Could only be better with a Noctis interface
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 12:46:42 am »

...my god.

I haven't taken a good look at it yet, but this sounds like everything I could hope for in a 4x game. Multiplayer, at that.

And free?! At least for now... wow. Uh, sorry guys, but if I like this game, Illyriad's EVERY OTHER GAME EVER is going by the wayside for now. Seriously. :P

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 12:55:29 am »

I totally am gonna try this, I just hope I can get in soon enough.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 01:10:06 am »

Any of you guys crashing a few seconds into login?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 283