Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How many kobolds???  (Read 2976 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: How many kobolds???
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 10:52:59 am »

I too have seen them. I just routed 2 squads with only 2 friendly casualties. Best tally yet for organic defenders...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 11:08:56 am »

Same here. Haven't seen a single kobbo since .16. Maybe they're broken? (or might be dead in this world too, since I maxed all megabeasts..)
They do have dificulty surviving Worldgen now, since their home residence is the exact same place as the megabeasts like to hang out, So you need plenty of caves about for them to hide in without getting eaten by dragons...
(To draw attention to this point, I played a Kobold once in adventurer mode. Made about 16 steps up a hill, was confronted by a dragon and had my lower body ripped off... Yeah.)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 12:19:48 pm »

Same here. Haven't seen a single kobbo since .16. Maybe they're broken? (or might be dead in this world too, since I maxed all megabeasts..)
They do have dificulty surviving Worldgen now, since their home residence is the exact same place as the megabeasts like to hang out, So you need plenty of caves about for them to hide in without getting eaten by dragons...
(To draw attention to this point, I played a Kobold once in adventurer mode. Made about 16 steps up a hill, was confronted by a dragon and had my lower body ripped off... Yeah.)

Oh, I maxed out cave numbers too though. I'm tempted now to test kobolds by letting them steal some obscenely
valuable adamantine crafts from me to see what their army is capable of with proper funding. I can't seem to be able
to force elves to make a war effort. If only some kobolds came..

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 12:49:49 pm »

If kobolds steal very much of anything and get off the map, they start coming in ambushes, and are tbh fairly nasty since they usually bring a lot of archers.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 12:57:07 pm »

Oh, I maxed out cave numbers too though. I'm tempted now to test kobolds by letting them steal some obscenely
valuable adamantine crafts from me to see what their army is capable of with proper funding. I can't seem to be able
to force elves to make a war effort. If only some kobolds came..
Max caves with max megabeasts doesn't sound like the perfect combination..
But still, they're likely to be somewhere, but very far away.
I'd try making them playable in adventurer mode to check they're there.. Though that's useless if there's a fort in progress.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

kardwill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 04:52:35 pm »

They don't stop and fight, once they're spotted they run like little girls.

Yup, knife-wielding, child-murdering little girls. Sure, they run at the sight of adult dwarves, but once an easy mark presents itself... Skulking filth!

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 11:53:51 pm »

I had my best stonecrafter killed by a kobold. With one stab to the head, instantly.
The kobold then proceeded to run away like a little girl.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2010, 07:22:19 am »

A kobold ambush ended a fortress of mine once. They appeared on the map right after a goblin siege, which I spent perfecting my traps, only for the goblins to break and run away after a season. At the same time as kobolds, a minotaur came, and they butchered him in no time, further discouraging me from trying to take them out with the amateur militia that I could muster. I finished the obscenely heavily trapped hall and let the kobolds in... only to find them all having [TRAPAVOID]. Bye fortress. Was one of my longest-lived ones.

Kobold thieves kept stealing items before that. I had my entrance under close watch and my stockpiles under closer watch, but they found a way around it. Does any of you have those sets of equipment lying just on the edge of the map in fortress mode? They stole them all.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

iEpinephrine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 01:48:11 am »

Yeah the equipment sets are cause migrant workers with gear drop them if you give them new tasks or draft them into the military and they don't have appropriate stockpiles to put their old stuff in...
"This button makes your dwarves less retarded"
Pages: 1 [2]