Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A short story from the fortress of Divinecity  (Read 525 times)

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
A short story from the fortress of Divinecity
« on: July 28, 2010, 01:05:49 pm »

Ingish Kodlolok sat and enjoyed his decadent wine. He had arrived at the fortress of Divinecity a few days ago and had been wondering about what his job would be. Suddenly, the mayor Lòr Lorbammìshos stormed into the dining hall.
"OY IMMIGRANT! I've got a job for ya!"
Ingish put down his wine. Finally, a job. He got up from his chair and bowed down before the mayor.
"What's my assignment sir?"
The mayor threw him a piece of leather armour and a crossbow.
"You're our new captain of the guard!"
"Uh, thanks sir... Shall I head out and train then?"
The mayor chuckled.
"Nay! Go and punish our fish cleaner Alåth Domaslesat! He didn't make me some socks a few years ago."
Ingish saluted and began searching for Alåth. Finally he found the fish cleaner who was busy cleaning some fish. Ingish looked at the hardworking dwarf and sighed. Even though he was 62 years old, he still did not understand the dwarven justice system. He poked the shoulder of Alåth.
"Are ye the fish cleaner Alåth?"
"Aye."
"I'm our new guard captain, Ingish, and I was told you did not make some socks a few years ago."
The fish cleaner dropped the fish and said a prayer. Ingish cracked his knuckles.
"I'm sorry."
A single tear formed in Alåth's eye as the first punch hit him in the stomach. Ingish kept on hitting him with his fists and blood spattered everywhere. Meanwhile, a crowd had assembled including the mayors daughter. She looked at the brutal punishment ordered by her father. But she enjoyed it. Loudly the crowd said "OOH!" and "AAH!" as Ingish gave a final punch into the forehead of Alåth. A loud crack was heard and he collapsed on the floor. Ingish stared at him in silence. While the crowd began dissolving, Ingish was contemplating his deed. Was it really the right thing to do? He stroked his beard for a moment.
"Oh well. Better get moving."
Ingish then continued his journey to punish all the other law breakers in the fortress.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.