Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Hour of Wrath - blink look blink look  (Read 19825 times)

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hour of Wrath - blink look blink look
« on: July 28, 2010, 07:26:06 pm »

ACT 1: Judgement Day.

-

Emmett Duskwhisper, a demon of extraodinary power has messed up the Earth. Bad. In the month she's been on the planet, she has already brought the country of the United States to it's knees. But it's not just humans she's killed. Since arriving on Earth, two angels have been dispatched to take care of her. Both never returned to Heaven. It's time to send someone better. You.

You are the Archangel Ciel Soliculum, champion hunter of the light. You are one of the eldest angels in heaven, and one of the three archangels of wrath. Your will is the light, and by your spear, light will be brought to the Earth. Having killed more demons than any other angel, second only to the Archangel Gabriel, you have been tasked by a messenger only known as "the mouth of God" to go to Earth and destroy Emmett Duskwhisper before she can corrupt any more innocent souls.

You are around six feet tall, have golden hair that is in a tangle atop your head. Your eyes are a powerful steel grey. Your long existence has caused you to take everything quite seriously, and you hardly ever smile. Your purpose is to deliver God's wrath upon enemies of heaven, and you intend to do so with ever fiber of your being. Like most angels, you wear the standard white robe and golden sash, but unlike the others, you wear ornate silver shoulderguards as well as silver greaves. Giant wings of white feathers sprout from your back.

Your weapon of choice is Longinus, the very spear ran through the heart of Jesus Christ. This is extremely unusual, as most angels summon their weapons from the light, but you prefer to use a material weapon instead. You are a master spearman. You can best any lesser angel in combat with ease, and have not faced a serious threat in your entire existance.

As well as spearmanship, you have the unique power of "light tracking". Essentially, you command the light to assist you in the hunt. This means you can do things such as stalk your prey by following where their shadows have disturbed the light, manipulate light to make you invisible to your quarry, and use it to trap your prey when you find it. More powers will be explained as we go.

You descend from heaven in a glorious beam of light into a small, destroyed town in the deserts of the mid west. The earth has been torn asunder here, as though a giant beast ravaged the land. This is the place where Malachi deployed.

Well, Ciel. It's time to capture your prey. Let the hunt begin!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 08:16:50 pm by Bandages »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Hour of Wrath - Judgement Day ACT 2
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 07:30:03 pm »

Attempt to track Emmet. focus on the direction of the nearest political/population center.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:58:18 pm »

Head to the Papal palace. We can get some humans to safety, because this battles going to be huge, and we need space.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:15:09 pm »

Head to the Papal palace. We can get some humans to safety, because this battles going to be huge, and we need space.
This. Plus they are likely to have some holy artifacts we could use. Perhaps not necessary, but better safe than sorry.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:19:33 pm »

Hum angelically to self while doing the following:

ALSO TRY TO GET ARTIFACTS LOLOLOLOL

Apologies to dragnar for my random decision to characterise him so.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 08:20:31 pm »

This. Plus they are likely to have some holy artifacts we could use. Perhaps not necessary, but better safe than sorry.
This, but we had better not take too long.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 08:22:31 pm »

ALSO TRY TO GET ARTIFACTS LOLOLOLOL
Apologies to dragnar for my random decision to characterise him so.
...urge...to destroy... rising... The chatspeak! It burns!

Besides, we are already wielding one artifact, but a proper archangel would be duel-wielding them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 08:36:55 pm »

Why would a hunter do anything other than stalk his prey?

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 08:38:09 pm »

*shrug* I guess that would be the quickest solution.
TO THE DEMON LADY!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 08:39:22 pm »

Why would a hunter do anything other than stalk his prey?
'Cause we're in control of the hunter, duh. Nothing ever goes normally while we're in control.

But to tell you the truth, in reality I want to go straight to Emmett, but the group wanted to find super awesome artifacts, so I went with them.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 08:40:22 pm »

Aye, lets hunt down and kill the bitch.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 08:41:41 pm »

I didn't think we had any leads at the moment, and any populated area should know where she is due to that announcement.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 08:42:38 pm »

Follow her taint
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 08:42:54 pm »

Aye, lets hunt down and kill the bitch.
Hey, no cussing, we're angels now. ::)

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 08:43:28 pm »

You know you're a great angel when your special ability is 'finding taints'. :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16