Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Kobold Quest port status?  (Read 12331 times)

mattmoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Quest port status?
« Reply #150 on: January 04, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by axus:
<STRONG>

I thought the Mini was donated to Toady?  I don't have a Mac but I support going multi-platform, its a good way to futureproof a game.</STRONG>

Futureproof? You're expecting Windows (w/OpenGL) to die anytime soon?

:D

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #151 on: January 04, 2008, 05:48:00 pm »

Nah, I had to buy the Mini.  There was an offer a long time ago from somebody to send me a Cube of some kind, but I didn't end up taking it because I didn't have a port at the time.

I think I'm going to put up the PowerPCish KQ on Monday.  I was planning on trying to finish the DF port then as well, but that might have to wait a little until I get together something releasable for Windows again.  I'm hoping to be able to release the next version of DF on both platforms (the Mac one would be a MegaAlpha, of course), but we'll have to see how that plays out.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

zeb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 04, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »

Hi Toady,

Very glad to see your hard work on the Mac Port of DF.  I've just contributed 50.00 for your existing efforts and will contribute 50 more on delivery of a working mac binary.  Don't let that little incentive rush you though.  We love stability, and quality is more important than speed.  Also, I own several macs , Intel and PowerPC and would be happy to beta test any builds that you want to help chase down bugs.

Zeb.

nless a people are educated and enlightened, it is idle to expect the continuance of civil liberty, or the capacity for self-government."-- Texas  Declaration of Independence

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

Okay, I've put up KQ 1.04 so people can let me know how that went...

oohhboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2008, 05:10:00 am »

My apologies if this isn't the best place to post this. I hope this helps.

Date/Time:      2008-01-09 22:59:30 +1300
OS Version:     10.3.9 (Build 7W98)
Report Version: 2

Command: Kobold Quest
Path:    /Volumes/USB HD/downloads/kobold quest/Kobold Quest.app/Contents/MacOS/Kobold Quest
Version: ??? (1.0)
PID:     593
Thread:  Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

dyld: /Volumes/USB HD/downloads/kobold quest/Kobold Quest.app/Contents/MacOS/Kobold Quest Undefined symbols:
/Volumes/USB HD/downloads/kobold quest/Kobold Quest.app/Contents/MacOS/Kobold Quest undefined reference to _HIPointConvert expected to be defined in Carbon

It starts up fine. Loads front end with the picture of that thing (kobold?), then regardless of any input it crashes.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 09, 2008, 04:27:00 pm »

I wonder if that's something I did wrong with the new code or if it's just not working in 10.3 yet.  We'll have to wait for the experts on this one.  I know HIPointConvert was key to the 10.3 changes.

eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 09, 2008, 07:23:00 pm »

Same crash here on 10.3.9 (PowerPC). I'm guessing the compiled version isn't actually the same as the source code, which looks fine. I can't check it until I'm on my development machine, but I'll try compiling it tonight.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 09, 2008, 07:52:00 pm »

I deleted all the executables before I got started, and compressed the only folders on the computer, so I'm not sure how a mismatch would have happened, but we can see I guess.

eli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2008, 03:33:00 am »

Easy fix. You need to open up the project settings (you can double click the blue "game" icon at the top of the file list) and change the setting for MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET from "Compiler Default" to "10.3". You should probably also turn on PowerPC in the Architectures setting right at top, but it seems to be building the Universal application anyway.

I did notice that it was eating the mouse click and not registering it if I opened the About Box so that it overlapped the game window, but I'm too sleepy to look at that tonight.

edit: spelzin

[ January 10, 2008: Message edited by: eli ]

mattmoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

Thanks for looking at that, eli. I've been a bit busy lately...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »

Well, I've changed the settings and uploaded it again.

I searched for how to changed the architecture settings, and what I found made it look like I should type "ppc i386" into the Architectures area, so that's what I did.  It made a couple of different object folders upon build, but I have a warning about adding -bind_at_load that I don't know what to do with.

oohhboy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2008, 02:33:00 am »

Seems to work fine for now.  I just gotta figure out how  to play it. If there are any more issues I will come back with them.

Other than that, congratulations. I hope this has allowed you to take a pretty big step towards getting DF on Mac.   :D

mattmoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2008, 10:49:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>Well, I've changed the settings and uploaded it again.

I searched for how to changed the architecture settings, and what I found made it look like I should type "ppc i386" into the Architectures area, so that's what I did.  It made a couple of different object folders upon build, but I have a warning about adding -bind_at_load that I don't know what to do with.</STRONG>

Hey Toady,
I'll download the latest source this evening and check it out...

I'll also work on the fullscreen swap, and perhaps clean up the menus (i.e. remove all the unused junk).

[ January 15, 2008: Message edited by: mattmoss ]

Q

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2008, 02:20:00 pm »

I saw someone mentioned Cider...  Is that out of the question?  It seems like that would be the easiest and fastest solution.  Might even be free, since they profit-share and DF is nonprofit.

Granted it would only play nice with Intel Macs.  But it's a start...  And any Mac under two years old is Intel anyway.

ake me through the radio

Q

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2008, 02:52:00 pm »

er...  my last post didn't seem to go through.  Here goes:

I saw someone mentioned using Cider ...  is that out of the question?  It seems like it'd be the easiest and fastest way to get an OSX port out, and it might even be free, since DF is a nonprofit game and they operate by profitsharing.

Granted it would only play nice with Intel Macs.  But it's a start...

ake me through the radio
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13