Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Gameplay Questions"?  (Read 4159 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Gameplay Questions"?
« on: July 29, 2010, 12:52:43 am »

I'm honestly curious why this is under DF Gameplay Questions; I see how the wiki applies to that, but there's more to it, plus discussion of the wiki itself.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
Re: "Gameplay Questions"?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:27:44 am »

Well, see, the wiki's primarily a tool for answering gameplay questions, so it might as well be here.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 08:04:45 pm »

Well, see, the wiki's primarily a tool for answering gameplay questions, so it might as well be here.

Primarily, sure, but it's also a source of Mod/utility information and also a location where a lot of info on succession games goes.

In general though this is probably the best sub-forum for it to go in.  When I suggested it to Toady I had hoped he would add it as a main forum, but you can't get everything you want ;).

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:20:39 pm »

Why not under DF General Discussion, then? After all, the wiki's about the game in general; it has technical information, information for modding, gameplay, and so forth.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:32:51 pm »

When I suggested it to Toady I had hoped he would add it as a main forum, but you can't get everything you want ;).

Yeah, but it's the only subforum in the DF section, so it's like he made it stand out even more than if he made it a main forum.  It's like you got more than you wanted.  I'm sorry.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 11:49:59 pm »

Its intended to assist people who are without certain knowledge more then those who already have the knowledge, therefor a question is produced from the lack of knowledge.. which a answer is therefor searched for.

Aka, that is why its here.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 05:18:02 am »

Why not under DF General Discussion, then? After all, the wiki's about the game in general; it has technical information, information for modding, gameplay, and so forth.

That would be my next selection after a main forum.  I think it should do fine here though.