Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which bug/glitch/issue/quirk would you most like to be sorted out ??  (Read 1163 times)

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just interested in what issue annoys you all in this most awesome game ? I would say that I am 96% satisfied with the game with only a few things being irritating:

My foibles are as follows. Mud and blood spreading uncontrollably with no option of cleaning it.
A few interface irregularities, ie Floodgates use 'x' to build, 'f' to link to a lever or 'l' construct. Stairs use 'u' 'j' and 'i' in Designations or 'u' 'd' or 'x' in the build menu. I quite often build the wrong thing because I forget exactly which menu I am in. In terms of gameplay, I think that cage traps are too powerful presently. I caught a dragon in a little wooden cage. At the very least I thought a metal cage would be required. (good job that i did as it was only my second summer.)

But congratulations to Toady in making the most addictive game I have played in ten years.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gypsum powder in hospitals.

Don't know why, it just drives me mad.

Calathar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The economy to start.

Then probably dungeonmaster and the other nobles that never arrive.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Dungeon master never arriving and unrealistic cave-ins. Everything else is endurable.

Edit: and of course I forgot farming on soil. Maybe it's because I'm mostly playing succession games where farms are already set up?...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:55:54 pm by Dariush »

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile

I am sick to death of having infinite blood being tracked everywhere. 

Missing dungeon keeper.  I want my War Giant Desert Scorpions dammit.

I'd still like to see the military system tweaked some more.  Weapon balance is still off; lashers can currently dismember mobs with little effort.  And I still think that military training is awkward and needs to be buffed up a little.

Medical is still a little buggy.  I have had dwarves walk around with injuries for years because they would never get diagnosed, even having a medi-dwarf with only healthcare duties enabled and a fully-stocked hospital. 

I am apathetic about the economy because I always leave it off because of how broken I think it is.  If it got significantly overhauled so that it mostly worked I might have an actual opinion other than "completely broken."
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are tons of things wrong with the economy ingame.

As for the dungeon keeper, you can just change the pet_exotic tags to just pet.

For me, it would be the fact that we can't farm underground on dry soil as I find that annoying. I want to be able to set up farms in the soil layers like in 40D and also do forts away from streams and whatnot.

The rust stuff certainly needs tweaking from what I hear.

Taranli Maren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bug #0001915: 'link a building to a trigger' or 'lever' list does not center on the selected building.  Instead it displays the z-level of the previously selected building.

anotherthing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Clean Self bug along will all the hospital bugs. The Dungeon Master would be nice also.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile

first the dungeon master second the lever thing  and third the plaster problem.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.