Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Koran burning in Florida...  (Read 10139 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Koran burning in Florida...
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 06:44:43 am »

This is the best idea I have ever heard.

Back in a tick, I'm going to go convert Jewish people by burning the Tanakh, Atheists by setting various apes on fire and Hindus by immolating several Indian people I know.
Oh dear science, burining primates. My only course of action is to beg the Pope for forgiveness.  :'(

You think he'll forgive you? You think we're a forgiving religion?

Oh wait... wait...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 06:56:31 am »

This is the best idea I have ever heard.

Back in a tick, I'm going to go convert Jewish people by burning the Tanakh, Atheists by setting various apes on fire and Hindus by immolating several Indian people I know.
Oh dear science, burining primates. My only course of action is to beg the Pope for forgiveness.  :'(

You think he'll forgive you? You think we're a forgiving religion?

Oh wait... wait...
Oh, so that's how it is, is it!? Very well! The United Satanic Atheists shall have our vengence by sacrificing goat kids to the moon and having Congress make religion illegal! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 08:02:58 am »

Hm... burning of books of significance to another group of people, didn't we see this somewhere else? Though, I do wonder where the hell they get those Korans in the first place.

Probably from the same people who sell all those flags that get burnt. Someone is making a killing :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 08:20:37 am »

Hm... burning of books of significance to another group of people, didn't we see this somewhere else? Though, I do wonder where the hell they get those Korans in the first place.

Probably from the same people who sell all those flags that get burnt. Someone is making a killing :)

I never even thought about it.  Book printers and flag makers.  They're ginning up hatred around the world to move product.

And bet a lot of both are actually made in China.  My God, it makes so much sense now...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 08:25:37 am »

I wonder how China would react if the burning fad switched to effigies of chinese political figures?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 08:32:44 am »

I wonder how China would react if the burning fad switched to effigies of chinese political figures?
Things may actually turn for the better?

Also... @ Koran Burning:

*Insert Captain Picard*
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 08:47:56 am »

And to make things seemingly worse, Faux news is certain to have a full raving story one this, thus giving more ire to the situation as a whole. In all honesty, giving this people any attention is casuistry at best; they will thrive on the attention they get.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 09:06:11 am »

We'd like to send missionaries to muslim countries, but you know, most people get arrested or killed for attempting to spread Christianity in those countries.

That's funny, I know people who are missionaries in Muslim countries and none of those things ever happened to them
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 09:30:50 am »

We'd like to send missionaries to muslim countries, but you know, most people get arrested or killed for attempting to spread Christianity in those countries.

That's funny, I know people who are missionaries in Muslim countries and none of those things ever happened to them

Do Muslims have missionaries in Christian countries?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 09:39:28 am »

Technically, there's no such thing as Muslim missionaries, because proselytizing is supposed to be forbidden.  Not sure if there's something else they do.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 09:44:04 am »

Technically, there's no such thing as Muslim missionaries, because proselytizing is supposed to be forbidden.
Huh? That's a new one on me...
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 09:47:42 am »

Obviously from a very bad source.  Probably Wikipedia.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 09:49:51 am »

Yeah, I don't take Wikipedia particularly seriously either, but it is a decent starting point for most subjects of general interest. Usually. If nobody has a commercial interest and it's not in the middle of a holy war.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 09:52:04 am »

No, no, don't, I was... Ah fuck it.  ZOOM

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 09:56:33 am »

I like how roasting Korans over an open fire is easily discussed, but even the suggestion of a Wikipedian holy war is enough to make you run away. :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8