Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Koran burning in Florida...  (Read 10153 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Koran burning in Florida...
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2010, 05:01:46 pm »

I still don't understand why surreptitiously burning Bibles is going to "stick it" or anything to a bunch of ignorant rednecks.
Shoes...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2010, 05:13:30 pm »

I still don't understand why surreptitiously burning Bibles is going to "stick it" or anything to a bunch of ignorant rednecks.
Humiliation goes a long way to kicking these sort of people. 
Got their pride as a god-fearing christian to uphold. 

Seriously though, they'll lynch the shit out of you to restore some of that pride of theirs.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Astramancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:25 pm »

I think I'd show up with marshmallows  and graham crackers, and get some use out of that fire.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2010, 05:31:19 pm »

As a Christian, I say this church is fucktarded. You can't go around slamming other's religions, especially if you'd get worked up over them doing the same thing.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

NFossil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2010, 06:33:02 pm »

Burning Bin Laden pictures makes more sense.
Or better, shredding so that it doesn't smell bad.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2010, 07:35:10 pm »

Humiliation goes a long way to kicking these sort of people. 
Got their pride as a god-fearing christian to uphold. 

Seriously though, they'll lynch the shit out of you to restore some of that pride of theirs.

Yes. That or they'll shrug it off, call you a heretic, claim you're going to hell for burning the Bible and everyone will think they're insane and hypocrites, which is exactly what everyone thought in the first place. You get to feel like you've managed to trick a bunch of idiot rednecks, they get to feel like their dignity as Christians have been affronted and they've weathered the storm, they're still in the right and God loves them and everything else so yaaaay.

Everybody wins! Which isn't really what you were aiming for, so I guess they win.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:39:22 pm by Jackrabbit »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2010, 08:04:15 pm »

You don't even have to dress the Korans like Bibles.. there's close enough similarities that it's almost like burning the same thing. No true Muslim would ever burn a Bible. Even if they believe it's heretical, Bibles still considered holy by Muslims.
Just like no true scotsman would do [ACTION HERE]?

Actually, yes.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2010, 08:25:02 pm »

That was a pretty inappropriate use of the Scotsman fallacy. I think we were just going to ignore it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2010, 08:34:32 pm »

Well, the idea is that it would be recorded;

then why do that at all? why not simply lie and spread the rumor that the rednecks were burning arabic bibles instead of Korans?

Mind you, it would be as little productive as actually doing the arabic bible stitch, but it would take less effort, and you are less likely to get lynched.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2010, 11:52:22 pm »

We need a muslim.
Hehe. (I'm not muslim just thought that Phmcw was funny)

Ok, so I'm probably going to piss a few people off, but someone needs to do the following:

Bring a BIG stack of bibles to the site that they're going to be burning the Korans, and just stand there with several lighters and some of those red jug/can things full of gasoline.

If they burn the Korans, then the bibles also get burned. Easy enough, and they would have a really difficult time justiying the burning of the Korans and not the Bibles.

I apologize to anyone I may have pissed off, but when stuff like this happens, I get really brutal.

Also no, I'm not musilim.

This is a good idea. Perhaps there is an extremely busy internet site somewhere that is populated by people who like to do this type of thing.
EDIT: I know of one so please don't inform me. Just to abide.

While I don't agree with what the church is doing, they have the right to do so as long as they own the books. On the same note, people have the right to counter-protest peacefully in the same way by burning bibles. Who cares if they get mad? If they get angry it just adds to their hypocrisy, and if they were foolish enough to resort to violence to stop your expression of free speech, then they would be the terrorist religion.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2010, 12:24:34 am »

That was a pretty inappropriate use of the Scotsman fallacy. I think we were just going to ignore it.
It is a textbook use of the No True Scotsman fallacy! Muz claimed:
No true Muslim would ever burn a Bible.
It's done world for word! Muslims are not these magical creatures that all think exactly alike and follow their religion to the absolute letter. Being willing to mass burn Bibles doesn't make you any less of a Muslim than mass buring Qurans doesn't make you any less of a Chirstian. It just makes you a crazy hypocite.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2010, 12:40:08 am »

No, it would be a use of the fallacy if he claimed that a man who was a muslim could not have burned a bible. He did no such thing.

I'm pretty sure this is a textbook definition of petty bickering.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2010, 12:59:29 am »

Well, the idea is that it would be recorded;

then why do that at all? why not simply lie and spread the rumor that the rednecks were burning arabic bibles instead of Korans?

Dude. These are probably people who think that the Bible was originally written in English. The whole idea of an Arabic bible would fly right over their heads.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2010, 01:47:15 am »

I wonder what the Muslims will do?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2010, 01:48:32 am »

Get pissed, and probably a few death threats will be sent.

Basically they'll do everything any other group would do following a ridiculously over-the-top insult directed at them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8