Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Koran burning in Florida...  (Read 10151 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Koran burning in Florida...
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2010, 03:30:20 am »

Well, the idea is that it would be recorded;

then why do that at all? why not simply lie and spread the rumor that the rednecks were burning arabic bibles instead of Korans?

Dude. These are probably people who think that the Bible was originally written in English. The whole idea of an Arabic bible would fly right over their heads.

yeah, but since the whole point according to the poster is ridiculize the koran burners (as if the whole thing wasn't ridiculous enough) for the amusement of other people, why not simply make up this pointless slander? same effect (assuming there is any kind of effect), less effort
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2010, 06:58:38 am »

Meh. It's Florida.

The same state that has a Bible theme park, complete with daily crucifixions.
The same state that expanded its self-defense laws so that you can legally shoot at someone if you "feel threatened" even if they haven't done anything.
The same state that...well, you get the picture. It's basically 1/3 escaped Cubans, 1/3 escaped elderly New York Jews, and 1/3 Gulf Coast rednecks.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2010, 07:15:34 am »

The same state that expanded its self-defense laws so that you can legally shoot at someone if you "feel threatened" even if they haven't done anything.
  I dont want this to sound like criticism, but I suspect this law might not be as good an idea as they thought when they proposed it.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2010, 07:23:14 am »

Yes, that does not sound like the best idea I have ever heard.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2010, 07:26:28 am »

That isn't a self defence law,that is an easy way to murder.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2010, 07:32:16 am »

If there's a single judge in Florida as cool as Uncle Phil, that law would never hold up in court.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2010, 08:11:48 am »

I misread this as Korean burning,dumb me  ::)

Same here.
I was like "Why the hell should a church burn Koreans?".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2010, 08:59:36 am »

I dont want this to sound like criticism, but I suspect this law might not be as good an idea as they thought when they proposed it.
It's a state of old people. This law is how it got that way.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2010, 09:30:50 am »

That was a pretty inappropriate use of the Scotsman fallacy. I think we were just going to ignore it.
It is a textbook use of the No True Scotsman fallacy! Muz claimed:
No true Muslim would ever burn a Bible.
It's done world for word! Muslims are not these magical creatures that all think exactly alike and follow their religion to the absolute letter. Being willing to mass burn Bibles doesn't make you any less of a Muslim than mass buring Qurans doesn't make you any less of a Chirstian. It just makes you a crazy hypocite.

Part of the Islamic religious belief is that Bibles are sent down by Allah (one of the pillars of Iman). At least the sects I'm familiar with think that way. It's part of the religion to treat them as holy.

Of course, you have the "non-true" ones who eat pork, drink alcohol, and probably burn Bibles. Just like you'd have "non-true" atheists who go to church. So, yeah, burning Bibles does make them less of a Muslim.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 09:33:20 am by Muz »
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2010, 10:59:00 am »

Guys, I know these people can't be very well educated, but you guys seem to think that Florida is some kind of haven for inbred retards.  They're probably some poorly educated but otherwise normal people who are caught up in religious and political fervor.
Shoes...

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2010, 11:04:51 am »

Guys, I know these people can't be very well educated, but you guys seem to think that Florida is some kind of haven for inbred retards.  They're probably some poorly educated but otherwise normal people who are caught up in religious and political fervor.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2010, 11:07:47 am »

Guys, I know these people can't be very well educated, but you guys seem to know that Florida is some kind of haven for inbred retards.  They are all poorly educated

Just kidding,I don't think that.If I did that would make me a poorly educated possibly inbred retard.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:09:58 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2010, 11:24:33 am »

I certainly hope so. A potential college for me is in Florida.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2010, 11:42:18 am »

Guys, I know these people can't be very well educated, but you guys seem to think that Florida is some kind of haven for inbred retards. 

Fixed that for ya. Seriously...have you been to Florida? Even their gene pool is a swamp.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 01, 2010, 12:21:03 am »

(Hypocrite)How about we have a burn a bible day?that will teach them hypocrites!(/hypocrite)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8