Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Card Battle Tower-1 Game active, 0 players waiting.  (Read 3407 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Card Battle Tower-1 Game active, 0 players waiting.
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 06:01:10 am »

I play an Island, then tap my mountain to play

Quote from: Seal of Fire
Cost: R

Enchantment

Sacrifice Seal of Fire: Seal of Fire deals 2 damage to target crature or player.

Flavour: After the fourth time Chandra left a place engulfed in flames, she decided to just go ahead and make it her thing
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 06:23:08 am »

On... who?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2010, 06:43:20 am »

its an enchantment
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 11:31:29 am »

On... who?

It doesn't do anything until he sacrifices it.  :P

Also, deck submitted.

ED: Questions for the MtG experts (since it's been ages since I've played this, and ExKirby could only affirm half of the ones I had)

-When a spell with Madness resolves, does it count as being discarded for the purposes of madness (If you discard this card, you may play it for it's madness cost instead of putting it into your graveyard), or must it be discarded from the hand? In other words, can I keep replaying a Madness card infinitely as long as I can keep up with the madness cost?

-I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but the red enchantment Blood Moon states (somewhat vaguely) "Nonbasic lands are Mountains." This implies they tap for red mana, but do they lose their special abilities?

-Exactly how do token creatures function?

-Artifact equipment has Equip (X): (For X, attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.) Does this mean that it only stays equipped for one turn? Also, does the artifact remain in play? Also, Neurok Stealthsuit also has an equip for UU that isn't stated to be a sorcery; does the artifact remain attached permanently?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 01:44:59 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 04:00:27 pm »

-When a spell with Madness resolves, does it count as being discarded for the purposes of madness (If you discard this card, you may play it for it's madness cost instead of putting it into your graveyard), or must it be discarded from the hand? In other words, can I keep replaying a Madness card infinitely as long as I can keep up with the madness cost?

You discard it from your hand. Normally, it would go to your graveyard. Instead, you can pay the madness and act as if you played it, resolve the effects, and then put it in a graveyard like any spell. Note that you first need a reason to discard it, you can't just discard a crad because you want to.

-I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this one, but the red enchantment Blood Moon states (somewhat vaguely) "Nonbasic lands are Mountains." This implies they tap for red mana, but do they lose their special abilities?

Yes. They are just mountains, nothing more.

-Exactly how do token creatures function?

They are nameless (unless stated otherwise) colorless (uso) typeless (uso) creatures with no (converted) mana cost, that act like normal cards for all intents and purposes while in play. When they die, they don't go to the graveyard, but are immediately removed from the game.

-Artifact equipment has Equip (X): (For X, attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.) Does this mean that it only stays equipped for one turn? Also, does the artifact remain in play? Also, Neurok Stealthsuit also has an equip for UU that isn't stated to be a sorcery; does the artifact remain attached permanently?

It stays equipped. It means you can only equip during your turn in the phases you could play a sorcery (eg, not during attack, not in an opponents turn). Neurok Stealthsuit can be equiped at any moment if you pay the UU cost, if you pay the normal equip cost, it can only be played as a sorcery. When the creature carrying the artifact dies, the artifact stays in play unequipped, when the artifact is destroyed, the creature stays in play.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 07:02:27 pm »

Thanks, I was just verifying (the questions seem somewhat silly in retrospect).

Also, my deck (revised from what I PMed ExKirby):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 07:15:09 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 04:20:03 am »

There is only one image that can describe my mood right about now. Unfortuantely, I can't find it, so I'll post one SIMILAR to it.

The software that I was using to contain all the hand data ect. quite literally EXPLODED. Even if I foraged out all the files, it would take far too long to get everythng back. So... yeah... any suggestions?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 04:27:14 am »

http://www.magic-league.com/download/apprentice.php

I use it for playing magic games, and it is quite useful for simply managing decks, you can even add custom cards so it will work for yu-gi-oh players too.
 Just sideboard any cards already picked. And keep a detailed txt file on hand.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2010, 05:27:11 am »

Kirby, my offer of backup still stands, just give me a call.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2010, 05:58:51 am »

Ok, but this is gonna take some time to set straight...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2010, 06:05:27 am »

By the way, what exactly were you using?
Pages: 1 2 [3]