Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No migrants?, no caravans?  (Read 1141 times)

cakeonslaught

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No migrants?, no caravans?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 10:08:06 am »

Oh, thats kinda neat.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 11:16:44 am »

My whole map is depot inaccessible, and on the civ screen there is only my own dwarf civ even though one embark it said the site has goblins, elves and humans. plus the world is 600 years old so I doubt they all died out...

Should I consider abandoning(it's not a year old yet)?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:10:14 pm by Old-one-eye »
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 11:37:56 am »

My isolated nanofort is doing relatively well. I'm up over 30 dwarfs, hehe. Of course, half of those are kids. I have 4 "breeding" pairs of adults so far.

The ironic thing is that I dug out housing for 200, when I first started. :D

If I knew my civ was extinct I would have cranked out crafts to maximize the initial migrant waves.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 01:07:02 am »

Gah. I'm really wanting a fort with good migrants waves, after the last seven have been built from dead civs.  >:(

Is there a way to ensure that a civ isn't dead?

Still trying to figure out Worldviewer...

Edit: Alright, appearently this is happening when I work with parameters, so I can actually get a volcano and water source together. Even when all I do is change the numbers on those, all my civs keep dying out within five years of history. What gives?  :-\
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:42:08 am by Deus Machina »
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 08:03:08 am »

Much less hospitable lands, civs are cramped together, very quick deathmatch begins with no reserves if they lose. Want to ensure they don't die out? End worldgen at year 2. Make your own history to engrave/decorate. I assume you're starting with a big world too.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 08:53:46 am »

it happens to me too, except i DO get caravans but no immigrants even though ive embarked on a dark goblin fortress which was first slain by my adventurer, so i pretty much get tons of wealth of embark, but the first 2 waves were only 3 and 5 people and after the first caravan i dont get anymore.
Pages: 1 [2]