Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equipping my marks-dorfs  (Read 851 times)

gramks2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Equipping my marks-dorfs
« on: August 01, 2010, 06:54:33 pm »

Looking to make a suit of leather armor for each of them (yes, only two right now) and I'm wondering about the absorption of armors...

They're using the standard archer armor set, except they are forced to use crossbows.
leather armor
leather headwear
leather legwear
leather handwear
leather footwear
leather shields/bucklers
crossbows

Basically I'm wondering what the difference between leather helms, caps, and hoods are... Which one is best and why? What should I make to fill out this armor suit?

Qued up the following...
2x leather armor
2x leather leggings
2x leather gloves
2x leather low boots
...waiting on headgear info...

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Equipping my marks-dorfs
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:46:46 am »

I believe the only real difference is weight, which I'm not sure affects more than the speed of the dwarf... Usually you give heavier armor with better protection to the melee troops and light armor to marksdwarves since they are usually in less contact with the enemy, but now that I think about it, it's a bit backwards...

I mean, wouldn't you want your melee dwarves be able to run faster than those pesky thieves, while the archers should be 15 tile radius death-tanks.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Equipping my marks-dorfs
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:59:06 am »

ever one gets full sets of master work steel armor mark dwarfs get the heaviest ammo i can make

( a moded metal with massive wight makes gobos explode on contact)

so my thinking heavy is better